Zelda:BOTW

You play creepy hentai rhythm games, your opinion counts for shit. :p
Exactly. I have to import all my super niche (non-hentai, mind) rhythm games from Tawian and South Korea and I still wouldn't pay anywhere near the price of a Switch to get my hands on them. ;)

Nah, mate, not for me. Even my my top three games of all time bundled together wouldn't get me to consider parting with that kind of cash.
Fair I’m just saying I bought a switch only for Zelda and don’t regret it one bit. I still haven’t bothered to buy anything else and can still see months of life left in what is now my favourite game of all time :cool:

Got this today and have to admit I'm struggling to get into it. The stamina wheel is just shit, jogging slowly around such a huge map is pretty tedious. Don't get me started on climbing. :lol: I also think the inventory is incredibly poorly implemented for both cooking and switching weapons. Also, when your inventory is full and you have to drop something and then sit through the whole chest opening sequence again... :rolleyes: I know I'll be able to upgrade things eventually but I'm finding them hugely irritating thus far.

Got this today and have to admit I'm struggling to get into it. The stamina wheel is just shit, jogging slowly around such a huge map is pretty tedious. Don't get me started on climbing. :lol: I also think the inventory is incredibly poorly implemented for both cooking and switching weapons. Also, when your inventory is full and you have to drop something and then sit through the whole chest opening sequence again... :rolleyes: I know I'll be able to upgrade things eventually but I'm finding them hugely irritating thus far.
I found the weapon damage annoying, cooking was fine from what I remember.

I thought climbing was implemented really well, I found it really satisfying getting to a difficult spot or taking a shortcut using it.

I'd suggest just exploring, unlocking towers and shrines for a bit. It gives you a lot of fast travel options and will expand your stamina wheel/hearts. Korok seeds expand your inventory, you won't need loads before inventory management isn't a pain.

I found the weapon damage annoying, cooking was fine from what I remember.

I thought climbing was implemented really well, I found it really satisfying getting to a difficult spot or taking a shortcut using it.

I'd suggest just exploring, unlocking towers and shrines for a bit. It gives you a lot of fast travel options and will expand your stamina wheel/hearts. Korok seeds expand your inventory, you won't need loads before inventory management isn't a pain.
Oh God, the weapon breakage. That's another thing. :lol: So far it just doesn't feel like a Zelda game. Hope I grow into it, especially considering the cost.

Oh God, the weapon breakage. That's another thing. :lol: So far it just doesn't feel like a Zelda game. Hope I grow into it, especially considering the cost.
I loved it, when we had our top 3 game of the decade thread I only left it off because I had skyrim on there and didn't want multiple games with the same genre.

It's a grower.

I was the same, just couldnt get into it, keep meaning to get back to it but dunno. Sort of baffled with so many people saying its the best game ever. Guess I didnt get far enough into it.
Never played a zelda game before.

I was the same, just couldnt get into it, keep meaning to get back to it but dunno. Sort of baffled with so many people saying its the best game ever. Guess I didnt get far enough into it.
Never played a zelda game before.
Have you ever considered that you personally could be defective? ;)

I do enjoy finding a korok under a rock and their reaction when I drop the rock on their heads.
Took me a while to get into it too.
You know what, I'm starting a new botw save.
Mate, I'm playing on Lite and the motion control shrines are nigh impossible. There's no rhyme nor reason to the movements as far as I can tell. I wish Nintendo would drop this kind of shit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, I'm playing on Lite and the motion control shrines are nigh impossible. There's no rhyme nor reason to the movements as far as I can tell. I wish Nintendo would drop this kind of shit.
Still mooching around the great plateau.

There was one motion control shrine that really boiled my piss, it was a maze iirc. Ended up realising I could launch the ball in the general direction I needed it to go easily and got it where it needed to go in a few minutes by cheesing it that way.

Still mooching around the great plateau.

There was one motion control shrine that really boiled my piss, it was a maze iirc. Ended up realising I could launch the ball in the general direction I needed it to go easily and got it where it needed to go in a few minutes by cheesing it that way.
Bizarrely, I just did that one, second time of asking. The one before, though, fuck me. It was a 3D block with stairs that had to be turned upside down to get the key. It was just broken.

I'm at Ganon now. I'm kind of glad it's almost over. It's a good game and it certainly draws you in and makes you want to complete one more shrine for an additional heart, but there were just too many issues with it for me to love it as much as other people seemingly do. That stamina wheel is a killer. Don't know how many times I feel from a mountain when I was millimetres from the top. And rain... Don't get me started on climbing and then it rains... Felt the combat was a bit shallow and the lack of variation in the enemies was a downer. So many ingredients lying about that combat never felt much of a threat a few hours in as you could just load up on unlimited meals that added additional hearts and heal every few minutes. Mostly, though, I just felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again and, while that was quite fun at first, I started to get bored with it. There were some fun little touches like dropping wood and setting it alight to create a camp fire (discovered by accident!) and dropping rocks on Korok heads, mind. Overall, a good game, but I think it gets a bit more praise than it deserves because it is Nintendo/Zelda. However, my interest in gaming is on the wane so this might have played a part in my feelings on this one.

I'm at Ganon now. I'm kind of glad it's almost over. It's a good game and it certainly draws you in and makes you want to complete one more shrine for an additional heart, but there were just too many issues with it for me to love it as much as other people seemingly do. That stamina wheel is a killer. Don't know how many times I feel from a mountain when I was millimetres from the top. And rain... Don't get me started on climbing and then it rains... Felt the combat was a bit shallow and the lack of variation in the enemies was a downer. So many ingredients lying about that combat never felt much of a threat a few hours in as you could just load up on unlimited meals that added additional hearts and heal every few minutes. Mostly, though, I just felt like I was doing the same thing over and over again and, while that was quite fun at first, I started to get bored with it. There were some fun little touches like dropping wood and setting it alight to create a camp fire (discovered by accident!) and dropping rocks on Korok heads, mind. Overall, a good game, but I think it gets a bit more praise than it deserves because it is Nintendo/Zelda. However, my interest in gaming is on the wane so this might have played a part in my feelings on this one.
you only got it 9 days ago! :eek: Its meant to be huge isnt it??

you only got it 9 days ago! :eek: Its meant to be huge isnt it??
I've played it to death if I'm being honest, but I've done all I want to do with it. Did about half the shrines, found around 110 korok seeds, beaten the four divine beasts and found the Master Sword and Hylian Shield. Finished with about 21 hearts and two stamina wheels. Got to admit, for the amount of time I put into that game, the ending was a massive disappointment! That said, I had some fun with it. Not my favourite Zelda game, but I enjoyed all the little Easter Eggs that I stumbled upon (Wind Fish, etc) and have watched a few EE videos there and there are loads of them in there!
I don't think any single game is worth £250+, like.
Just noticed this post; funny that the game that I paid for a Switch for was Tetris 99 which is available for free and of which I already own about ten variants! :lol:

A bit late to the party with this. I figured I really should give it a go before the sequel comes out, I've just finished the 4th divine beast and now going through the photo locations before heading to the castle. Already got the master sword and Hylian shield so not too much left.

Back