You've got £7-8k for a motor

...now that I'm working from home I dont need a car to do 30 mile round trip to work each day, its just to cart the family round on a weekend and the occasional UK holidays

Looking for MPV or estate, needs to have space for a wife and 3 kids, two in child seats and plenty of boot space, big enough for a dog cage. 7 seats would be an advantage.

Decent MPG, cheap to run and reliable.

What should I be looking at? Vaxuhall Zafira, Ford Grand C-Max, Peugeot 5008, Citreon C4 Grand Picasso, Mazda 5 all coming up in searches, all around 2011-2013.
Yes.Skoda superb estate would be my choice.I Had a zafira before the one out now and loved it 2011 model

I’m getten one of these, estate car for work. Any good?
I had one of the older models and wish I never sold it. Will be getting one hopefully next year but gonna go for a vrs version with dsg box. Cracking cars for the money can pick up a top spec one with every imaginable extra for £30-35k brand new.

I probably could push the budget, I currently lease a new X-Trail and I'm now used to the space and the 7 seats, although the times i use > 5 seats, i could get away with a 5 seater next. I'm looking at reducing the monthly cost as well, so will be taking a loan out over 3-4 years for it when the lease is up...i'm just getting some ideas as to my options for when the lease is up.
If you don't need the 7 seats, buy a 5 seat one as they're cheaper.

I had one of the older models and wish I never sold it. Will be getting one hopefully next year but gonna go for a vrs version with dsg box. Cracking cars for the money can pick up a top spec one with every imaginable extra for £30-35k brand new.

I’m not a car snob but if I had 35k for a car I wouldn’t be buying a Skoda!

...now that I'm working from home I dont need a car to do 30 mile round trip to work each day, its just to cart the family round on a weekend and the occasional UK holidays

Looking for MPV or estate, needs to have space for a wife and 3 kids, two in child seats and plenty of boot space, big enough for a dog cage. 7 seats would be an advantage.

What should I be looking at? Vaxuhall Zafira, Ford Grand C-Max, Peugeot 5008, Citreon C4 Grand Picasso, Mazda 5 all coming up in searches, all around 2011-2013.
We have a Ford Tourneo Connect which is a good size. It has slidey doors on the side which is spot on with getting the kids out in small spaces.

Chrysler Grand Voyager, pay 10k get a mint one 2 TV's, leccy doors, 7 seats loads of space but kids can still get a swing in.....

Fook all to the gallon, but great cars......YOLO

As long as its got plenty of room for our summer Dads And Lads/Lasses camping trips to Stonethwaite, I couldn't give a fuck what you get.

Back