You've beaten us to sign striker

It's not if that roker report stats guy is right like
Well, according to this article: Honeyman v Maddison & Dobson v Leadbitter - Looking at the stats behind the players...

'we will start this one with the stat for what Wyscout counts as a ‘Smart Pass’, which is defined as:
There has to be some idea in the pass, something creative, when the player is cutting the lines and winning some advantage for his teammates.'

'Grant Leadbitter, on the other hand, averaged 0.04 smart passes per 90 and because that number is so low it doesn’t have an official accuracy, but essentially there was only one and it was in our 2-0 victory over Bristol Rovers and well, it didn’t reach it’s target. So a 0% accuracy there.'

Basically, it's saying he never really attempts creative passes. But I am talking bollocks what do I know!

Well, according to this article: Honeyman v Maddison & Dobson v Leadbitter - Looking at the stats behind the players...

'we will start this one with the stat for what Wyscout counts as a ‘Smart Pass’, which is defined as:
There has to be some idea in the pass, something creative, when the player is cutting the lines and winning some advantage for his teammates.'

'Grant Leadbitter, on the other hand, averaged 0.04 smart passes per 90 and because that number is so low it doesn’t have an official accuracy, but essentially there was only one and it was in our 2-0 victory over Bristol Rovers and well, it didn’t reach it’s target. So a 0% accuracy there.'

Basically, it's saying he never really attempts creative passes. But I am talking bollocks what do I know!

You did the searching I couldn't be bothered to do, have a like

Basically, it's saying he never really attempts creative passes. But I am talking bollocks what do I know
So it doesn't count a 50 yard ball to McGeady behind the fullback v Wimbledon, from which McGeady scored the winning goal. That isn't a creative pass? A pass that led to a goal (mostly through McGeady's quality mind)

In fairness, regardless of one’s opinion, the stats in that article are nonsense as I can think of a number of other passes that meet that definition that Leadbitter made beyond the ‘one’ at Bristol.

So it doesn't count a 50 yard ball to McGeady behind the fullback v Wimbledon, from which McGeady scored the winning goal. That isn't a creative pass? A pass that led to a goal (mostly through McGeady's quality mind)
Fair one, I'm just going off that for 'stats' - but my original point is that our midfield simply do not create enough chances for our strikers. I like Leadbitter, I think he's composed and keeps the ball well, but we don't really have anyone who creates good chances for Grigg or Wyke and we tend to shit ourselves and look clueless as soon as we get in to the final third. In my opinion of course.

It won't, no. A smart pass has to go beyond a player. That ball McGeady controlled before beating the player himself iirc.

That's why stats should only be used as a guide not an absolute

Did you end up signing anyone in the end?
Soz mate, off topic i know but what can you tell me about krystian bielik. We're supposed to be skint, being investigated for FFP stuff yet this bloke's got a medical tomorrow (for Derby), signing for a club record fee of £10 million (twice what we've wasted before), head scratching times!!

Last edited:
Soz mate, off topic i know but what can you tell me about krystian bielik. We're supposed to be skint, being investigated for FFP stuff yet this bloke's got a medical tomorrow (for Derby), signing for a club record fee of £10 million (twice what we've wasted before), head scratching times!!
Money off remortgaging the stadium?

It's a lot for a player who has only had one full(ish) season in league one. That said he is very good and we're gutted not to be getting him back but we can barely compete with 10 grand let alone 10 mill.

He's better at defensive midfield but still decent at centre back, quality on the ball, occasionally dwells too long in possession but has improved this.
Injury record isn't the best and is prone to pick up small knocks but still managed over 30 games last season.
Bit surprised Arsenal aren't giving him a go as he's a future Premier league player for sure.
@CharltonChap out of curiosity. How’s your pre season gone?

Think you’ll survive the Championship next season?

Very average, won a few lost a few.
We've not brought in the number of players people were expecting at this point, desperately need some more gems on loans. Our squad is weaker than last season, so effectively we're a league one team playing in the championship. When Bowyer signed up I was confident we'd stay up but I've got less so as the season draws closer.

Last edited:

Back