YouTube bans dangerous or harmful pranks

Riding bikes and skateboards right near the edge, man.

Imagine if there's a fault in the electric one, and it doesn't respond properly ...
I'm not condoning it, but I have to admit that when I was a youngster I would do some rather stupid stunts while skateboarding. I've broken many a bone and have received a great number of stiches because of the stupidity of my youth. We don't think about consequences at that age. We believe we our indestructible.

seen some going round doing vids of everywhere they're barred from entering. starting to venture into europe now , if youtube stop em = no moeny.

There’s a hidden war taking place on Britain’s streets. On the one side are the companies that own and operate some of the most iconic buildings in the country, such as The Shard, Canary Wharf and Lloyds of London’s headquarters. And on the other are the rooftoppers.

The rooftoppers are a cadre of mostly men in their 20s. Kitted out with GoPros and DSLRs, they have built careers by performing death-defying and vertigo-inducing stunts

London's skyscrapers are fighting back against YouTube rooftoppers | WIRED UK

One outcome of this process has been building owners and estates taking out injunctions against the rooftoppers, legally barring them from certain buildings and estates. “Its complex, its expensive, it's not a universal answer,” says Thomson. “Its a stop-gap.” The problem, as the building owners see it, is exactly what Law notes – that trespass in the UK is a civil rather than criminal offence.

Last edited:
There are some lunatics about mind.

Still if YouTube ban their videos they'll just find another way to monetise their stupidity. People want to watch it after all.

seen some going round doing vids of everywhere they're barred from entering. starting to venture into europe now , if youtube stop em = no moeny.

There’s a hidden war taking place on Britain’s streets. On the one side are the companies that own and operate some of the most iconic buildings in the country, such as The Shard, Canary Wharf and Lloyds of London’s headquarters. And on the other are the rooftoppers.

The rooftoppers are a cadre of mostly men in their 20s. Kitted out with GoPros and DSLRs, they have built careers by performing death-defying and vertigo-inducing stunts

London's skyscrapers are fighting back against YouTube rooftoppers | WIRED UK

One outcome of this process has been building owners and estates taking out injunctions against the rooftoppers, legally barring them from certain buildings and estates. “Its complex, its expensive, it's not a universal answer,” says Thomson. “Its a stop-gap.” The problem, as the building owners see it, is exactly what Law notes – that trespass in the UK is a civil rather than criminal offence.
Whenever I hear of these types of stunt I always remember two vids I watched years ago. One is some bloke on his own, climbing some sort of condemned chimney stack and walking across a plank at the top. Another is a couple of kids on a skyscraper maintenance arm above the clouds in somewhere like Singapore; both of the videos make my head spin, I have to look away.

Whenever I hear of these types of stunt I always remember two vids I watched years ago. One is some bloke on his own, climbing some sort of condemned chimney stack and walking across a plank at the top. Another is a couple of kids on a skyscraper maintenance arm above the clouds in somewhere like Singapore; both of the videos make my head spin, I have to look away.

seen 1 lad sneek into airport and going thru plane's :eek::eek: he soon had knock at door and every memory card & camera etc taken by police.

suppose it is recon for terrorists

Police are also coming up with ways to deal with rooftoppers. The same injunction contained details of “Operation Sagittarius”, a City of London Police operation specifically to deal with the security and safety concerns of businesses targeted by rooftoppers. It also states that trespass incidents should be reported to the police’s counter-terrorism command, due to the fear of “hostile recon” – details on how to break through security systems and access normally off-limits areas – from information urban explorers post on social media

Back