You're not fit to wear the shirt

Our fitness levels are abysmal, surely our manager should be going nuts with our fitness coach. These players have no pride or passion whatsoever, professional footballers my arse
Dont disagree but genuine question have we a fitness coach?

If we have he clearly is not very good at his job given the first class facilities we have. Players should have some pride as well mind. Half of them blowing out their arse and if its true some of them like a smoke...disgraceful if true...professional sports people ffs.

Think you've missed the main issue I have with it. They are saying they need squad players. Hinting the starting 11 is fine..its the starting 11 which needs major surgery. Its woefully lacking in quality.

Link?

...because to me "the squad needs strengthening" means we need better players in it.

Whereas "the squad needs depth" would mean the starting 11 is fine and we just need backup players.

Link?

...because to me "the squad needs strengthening" means we need better players in it.

Whereas "the squad needs depth" would mean the starting 11 is fine and we just need backup players.
I cant even be arsed to argue this point. Let's see who we bring in. I strongly suspect we'll both be disappointed in the quality of player.

It's just horrific. In the space of a week our first team has lost to Leicester's kids side, a team 4th bottom from league 2 as well as a desperately poor draw at home to a lower league 1 club.

And the manager has the f***ing audacity to come out and tell us the squad needs strengthening in january. Just fuck off. The lot of them can get absolutely fucked.

How is it his fault that the current squad is poorly cobbled together, by the previous manager and the now apparent non-existent recruitment team.

I didn't say it was his fault.

What I meant, and explained poorly, is that I've taken his comments to mean that the squad needs bulking up. Rather than addressing clear quality issues in our starting 11.

Fair enough. I think he's just trying not to make this shit any worse but alienating current players but come January will want to bring a good few in, we just need to stay in touch until then and hope some good transfers occur in January.

Fair enough. I think he's just trying not to make this shit any worse but alienating current players but come January will want to bring a good few in, we just need to stay in touch until then and hope some good transfers occur in January.
I agree mate, but it will take more than one transfer market to rectify this Shitemere.

I am hoping this at least will get Donald and Metheven to do something more drastic in it's proactive nature than ever before. I mean actually do something telling. More telling than simply get the wage bill down or replace old seats with new ones. I mean find serious cash from somewhere and spend it on something that makes a big difference. If it doesn't and he still continues to run the club the way he does that will mean those fans who have had enough and of those who have had enough those who voice it will just hate him even more.

I’ve got a season card. There are loads of things I would rather do on a Saturday afternoon. Would I be wrong for not renewing? It’s about £500 a year, why pay that for something you don’t enjoy?
So that when things get better you can claim brownie points and sing "where were you when we were crap"!

Think of it as an investment!

‘You’re not fit to wear the shirt’

This applies literally to a few of the lads.
Our fitness levels are shocking at the moment.
We look gassed out in the second half of games.

Back