Your whole essence, your whole being, your hairstyles over the years

Short back and sides until I was about 13, then dead short, then at 14 I decided to grow it out. No haircuts for over a year then I kept it long until I was 17. Then shoulder-length and started dyeing it (firstly dark brown with a red patch, then jet black). Cut back to a no. 4 when I went to uni, stopped dyeing it. Then went shorter again until I was 25, when it all fell out in the space of 10 days. Within a month it was alopecia universalis and that's me for the rest of my life AFAIK. Couldn't give a shite now.

Small bairn - curly locks.
primary school - short back and sides and a parting.
Start senior school that way mid 60’s and then hair grew and grew from Small Faces to full Led Zep.
Uni - tidy long.
First job - I went to get it cut at an Italian hairdresser on Northumberland Street in Newcastle and came out looking like Bob from whatever happened to the Likely Lads.
Then - fighting the dreaded male pattern baldness, even trying spray hair at one stage.
Gave up and gave in and now get it shaved every couple of weeks.

I've got ginger hair and oh boy was I punished for it, if you think racism is bad try being born a ginger there isn't any fail safes in place so its still open season on gingers today.

Always had short hair when I was boy. Then, grew dreadlocks when I was about 15, which my mom hated. I went from dreadlocks to short hair for most of my life. Then went for the clean dome/clean face for the past 5 years or so, maybe longer. However, while looking at pictures my wife said she liked the way I looked with dreadlocks and a long beard so that's what I'm sporting now. Gots to keep my lady happy, y'know?
Me about 14/15.
How you cant say they're acceptable marra!
Cool as owt, especially when doing a bit of breaking and tagging...
Logon or register to see this image

🤣
I like it

😎 😎 😎 :D
I thought so. Had all the troop/bk stuff, thought I was invincible

Where did it all go wrong? 🤣
My Zidane is nowhere near as cool :rolleyes:
Wee's the blonde broad in the picture behind you?
Always had short hair when I was boy. Then, grew dreadlocks when I was about 15, which my mom hated. I went from dreadlocks to short hair for most of my life. Then went for the clean dome/clean face for the past 5 years or so, maybe longer. However, while looking at pictures my wife said she liked the way I looked with dreadlocks and a long beard so that's what I'm sporting now. Gots to keep my lady happy, y'know?

I like it
Rastafari!!:cool::)

Last edited:

I like it
All the cool kids had Dredz or pretend Dredz!

Back