Your transfer fee stories on Football Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arcedio Alvarez

I remember my mate selling Dede (brazillian left back) from Dortmund to Real Madrid for £77m on FM05.

I got a ukranian right back on a free and realised as soon as I signed him that he was 3rd choice right back for me, so I put him up for sale the day I bought him, I sold him for £4m almost a week after signing him for free. :lol:

Any other stories people have? Big transfer fees etc?

most ive received is i think about £80m. mmost ive spent must be about £120m

Romelu Lukaku.

Signed for 10 million in my 1st season. He was always the 3rd choice striker behind Adriano and Bent and never really got a full game as I play with 1 striker.

At the start of the second season I brought in Owen on a free as extra cover with me playing in Europe so I would have 4 decent strikers. At this point I was debating changing my formation to accomodate 2 strikers but by the end of pre season I was playing 4-5-1.

So I decided with the regens I had also signed I could afford to put Lukaku on the loan list and get him some experience. I was expecting him to maybe play for a lower Premier League team or in the Championship.

I recieved about 20 offers for him for year long loans but then I seen an offer from Barcelona. They wanted him on loan with an option of buying him. There original offer was £3.5m with an option to buy at any time for £17m and 50% wages. So I decided to negotiate and see what I could get out of them.

They then came back with an offer which wasnt quite what I wanted but imo is a good deal. £8m up front for the year with an option to buy at any time for £24m and 100% of his wages paid.

At the minute i'm in November and he's only played 1 league game so I can't see them buying him but I still get the £8m and he would have been training with one of the best teams in the World for a year. And if they do want him I will have a nice amount of money to play with next season :-D

Imo, a good bit of business.

On last year I bought Ronaldo for £88m

On this years I was at Swansea and bought Macheda from Man Utd for £14m, became Europes top goalscorer over next 2 seasons then I left and went to Barca and signed him from Swansea for £62m :lol: When I left Barca to go to Bayern I tried to get him again but they wanted £90m :-(

Romelu Lukaku.

Signed for 10 million in my 1st season. He was always the 3rd choice striker behind Adriano and Bent and never really got a full game as I play with 1 striker.

At the start of the second season I brought in Owen on a free as extra cover with me playing in Europe so I would have 4 decent strikers. At this point I was debating changing my formation to accomodate 2 strikers but by the end of pre season I was playing 4-5-1.

So I decided with the regens I had also signed I could afford to put Lukaku on the loan list and get him some experience. I was expecting him to maybe play for a lower Premier League team or in the Championship.

I recieved about 20 offers for him for year long loans but then I seen an offer from Barcelona. They wanted him on loan with an option of buying him. There original offer was £3.5m with an option to buy at any time for £17m and 50% wages. So I decided to negotiate and see what I could get out of them.

They then came back with an offer which wasnt quite what I wanted but imo is a good deal. £8m up front for the year with an option to buy at any time for £24m and 100% of his wages paid.

At the minute i'm in November and he's only played 1 league game so I can't see them buying him but I still get the £8m and he would have been training with one of the best teams in the World for a year. And if they do want him I will have a nice amount of money to play with next season :-D

Imo, a good bit of business.

:eek: hmmm Barca will buy him, but you have one of the best young strikers in the game and getting rid of him :lol:

:eek: hmmm Barca will buy him, but you have one of the best young strikers in the game and getting rid of him :lol:

He is going to turn into a quality striker. But with Adriano banging them in and 3 or 4 under 18's who have similar or better potential, I can't see him getting enough football to progress. Especially in a 4-5-1. I think i'll take the profit and hope he doesn't ever get me back in future European games :lol:

He is going to turn into a quality striker. But with Adriano banging them in and 3 or 4 under 18's who have similar or better potential, I can't see him getting enough football to progress. Especially in a 4-5-1. I think i'll take the profit and hope he doesn't ever get me back in future European games :lol:

:lol:

fair do's

can't seem to get back into this game no matter where i start just can't get the bug

oh and my best bit of business was in 05 Fernando Torres on a free for Boro and sold Crespo at the age of 34 for 6 million

might start with a mid table prem tea like Fulham but set a rule whee i can't sign more than 3 players a season

Back in the days of CM rather than FM i sold Joe Cole who in real life still played for West Ham from Arsenal to Bayern Munich for £108 Million.

Mental.

On this game I once bought Messi out of his contract for £228 Million for City just for daft crack :p

Bought medina for £2.5 mil, sold for £30 odd after he took the huff. Sold him for £65 mil in a previous save aswell

can't remember which cm it was but i used to sign a few on a bosman each summer and then put them on the list as soon as they arrived. used to rake in £30m doing that :lol:

I remember signing Alberto Gilardinho on a free transfer on FM05 and he was awesome! Scored about 30 goals in his first season.

just remembered that my bro signed swp on fm05 for a couple of million from chelsea. the following summer he sold him back to them for £70m :lol::lol:

Adriano on FM10 after recent transfers have been updated.

Free transfer from Roma in September time then I sold him to Stuttgart for £19m in January :lol:

Got Raul on a free from Chelsea after the same update and sold him for £9m aged 35 :eek:

just remembered that my bro signed swp on fm05 for a couple of million from chelsea. the following summer he sold him back to them for £70m :lol::lol:

£70m for SWP :eek::lol:

I remember after a transfer update for footy manager 02/03 that Matty Piper was class, he ended up going to Man Utd for £10m and then Bayern Munich for £25m.

oh I almost forgot about this one

05/06 season so FM06 I was Sunderland and did well in my first season finished 6th or 7th or sumit. Anyway Christian Bassilla, yes that Christian Bassilla :lol: got Player of the Season and Players Player of the Season :lol: Chelsea offered £10mill for him, I negotiated to £17.5m :lol:

oh I almost forgot about this one

05/06 season so FM06 I was Sunderland and did well in my first season finished 6th or 7th or sumit. Anyway Christian Bassilla, yes that Christian Bassilla :lol: got Player of the Season and Players Player of the Season :lol: Chelsea offered £10mill for him, I negotiated to £17.5m :lol:

I can fully believe that mate, I got £10m for Bassila off Man Utd after he averaged 7.6 playing in the ''Makelele role''.

Not a very good one this, but bought Sessegnon for 15mil. After a season of scoring 20 goals from midfield and getting 12 assists, Fulham came to me and offered to buy him for 5mil :eek::lol:

Does anyone remember that Michael Lamey on champ man 2001 who signs for PSV at the end of the season for 21 million even though he was worth like 400,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back