Your top 3 favourite restaurants in Sunderland

I can only name the 1.
The lamp room in seaham. Been twice, faultless both times.

I’d have put D’acqua in there, but it was really poor on last visit, some burnt food, some unseasoned, just basic mistakes. Prior visits it was toppa, so dunno what went wrong.

Was in Thai bay sunniside a fortnight ago. We were the only group in there, yet the service was at a standstill. 2.5 hours for 2 courses. My main was doused in that much MSG it killed the dish...not cheap either at £17... it’ll be shut down before the years out.

Anyone tried Amore above the dun cow?

My top 3
Roma
Moti raj
Miller and carter.

Quite a few alright Indian places, like Mumbai silk and goa. Angelos, d’aqua both decent. Port of call is really canny for pub grub and 2 church lane is alright but used to be better when it first opened.

Aye ridiculously hot curries there. Just not a patch on the place above it

Think is I’ve had much hotter but somet about this one just gave me the shits somet rotten.

Last edited:
Doesnt have to be bang in the city centre, can be surrounding areas like seaburn,etc. You get my drift..

Anyway here are mine as follows in no particular order;

Moti Raj - indian cuisine at its finest superb restaurant me and my family have been attending for many a year.

Thai Bay - incredible food from this place, fantastic should go if you like Thai food and havent been before. In sunniside bit of the town, if you arent sure of the exact wherabouts .

Honestly struggling for a third here, ill let you guys tell me whats yours while i get thinking on what makes up my favourite 3 eaterys in sunderland. Hit me...

Miller and Carter
Gabrielles
Angelos
House Of Zen

D'Acqua - no idea how they knock out such great food at such reasonable prices
Goa - all the usual suspects with a few more off-piste choices
Miller and Carter - Way better than the New666tle version and always surprisingly busy

Back