Your school exam results

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

I rebelled against the system, left with about 9 average CSE's but educated myself from the age of 18 and now have stacks of qualifications, like a Degree and teaching status. I realise now, that even in those young years, I spotted the crap of what was around me and fought against it. One reason I got into education was to hopefully better it so kids do not suffer the shit I experienced in education and receive a better education, thus chance in life to succeed and live a good life.
I know a few now teachers who I went to school and honestly believe they are different animals to those who taught me. Primary teachers at Redby were amazing but my secondary education at Monkey house was poor. There were a few good people but I see most of them treading water in the same way the pupils did.

yet you question the moon landings? A feat achieved by some of the finest minds of their generation. Fascinating

iPhones Have 100,000 Times More Processing Power Than Apollo 11 Computer, only thing thats held NASA from going back is funding and technology, the funding i get, but technology? How did they get there in the first place then if its so hard now? 😉

GCSE's - 2A's 6B's 2C's

Depends in all honesty when you did your GCSE's. I did mine back in 2002, which were good for my cohort then, but for someone who did them in 2012 they would look far less impressive due to grade inflation. I think in the 10 years after me the average GCSE results have gone up by an entire grade. So my equivalent in 2012 would by 2A*'s 6A's 2B's. Likewise someone who got my results in 1992 would arguably be more impressive than me.

Didn't do as well at A Levels - CDE, largely because I had given up on school work then, which I regret.

Did get into university (through a foundation year) and got a 2.2 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, followed up it with a Telecommunications Masters achieving a 2.1/merit.

I didn't work hard enough at A Level/undergraduate which I regret as I say largely because I didn't know what the fuck I wanted to do with my life back then and had no motivation, I just fell into Engineering because they suited my A levels at the time.

After enough years of work doing it I'm now going back repeating my A-Levels looking to do second degree. Currently doing Maths, Physics and Chemsitry, so we'll so how that goes now I'm more mature.
first year of gcses wasn't clever. Nobody had a clue what was happening and there was industrial action too

Same report for me too. If he would only try, why would I try when I have ecstasy and acid to take you idiots?

I tried when it mattered, GCSE and a levels DO NOT MATTER. (Enough to stop hedonistic behaviours)
I didn’t know what drugs were at 15. I just spent my time doing blackadder and young ones impressions

Done shite got about 4 C's rest E's was stupid getting wrecked and messing about.

Not that it makes a difference like on CV got all A's never been asked funny thing is failed IT yet earn good wage in that subject :lol:

I was just a tit in school tbh.. would do it differently if had another chance.

10 of them, C and above.

Was all set to join the Army on result day, no way I was re-sitting anything, funny old life.

got 4 D’s 4 E’s and 2 F’s, joined the army anyways, done me nvq’s while i was in there tho and somehow i done more E’s in the army than i did before i joined, lad from scotland brought a cpl hundred smileys into harrogate, rave in the drill square was class and i passed me nvq’s fuck nars how, the comedown off the E’s was brutal tho standing in the parade square the week before passing out practising our drills, was shaking like an epileptic in a strobe light

Depends where you are.
I know three people who have had to prove their degrees.
I'm sure they have, but I bet loads don't check up.

For me I have my qualifications and got my work because of them. I could have learned everything I needed to know, and did for the best part, by by watching others and blagging it.

Exams are easier nowadays...my kids never did any homework but passed all their exams with good grades...I just impressed on them pass your maths and English first time other wise you need to do at college when you could be out earning.....full time college is only like 20 hrs a week..so it leaves a couple of days to earn some cash..only one of mine gone to Uni...she did nursing..my son's are carpenter,beach joiner and welder..all done apprenticeship and earning over 2k month at 20...we let them make their own choices rather than forcing university etc
Wish this had been on the apprenticeship list when I was a yougin', although I've done a bit of joining on beaches in my time - very enjoyable.

I’m not trying to scaremonger, but I know quite a few people that have been fired for putting false grades on CVs/applications. Banks especially really take it seriously.

I always lie on mine, not to make it better I just haven’t got a clue what I got and wouldn’t know how to find out.

never heard of anyone being fired for it before.

3 A levels graded 'A'. Was the schools miracle boy. Considering my parents had been called in to discuss my dire academic performance in lower 6th.

Back