Your school exam results

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
2As 4Bs 3Cs 1D.

best of our gang, got an apprenticeship on morning of results so wasnt that arsed.
Only failed French, I said a boulangerie sold knickers n bras.:oops:

Last edited:

I never received my results, b4 you left school you had to hand an envelope in so they could send them to you which I did, but to keep the envelope flat I put it in a book and forgot to take it out.:lol:

I did ok at GCSE, duffed my A-levels after the first year and haven't got anything of note since. Unlike a lot on here I haven't managed to do well career wise with my shite qualifications.

8 Bs and a C. I did enough to pass but never went the extra swotty mile to get an A.
It really frustrated the teachers as I spent more time f***ing about in class than doing work. They accepted the thick kids who messed about, but I was supposed to know better.
A bit like on here 😀

Left school in 1980 with 2 'O' levels (English, Geography), and a CSE in metalwork.

Went to Monkwearmouth college a few years later and got 5 more 'O' levels and 3 'A' levels, then a degree, then two MScs. Currently doing a PhD at the grand old age of 56 - never give up kiddywinks, follow your dreams :p

Left school in 1980 with 2 'O' levels (English, Geography), and a CSE in metalwork.

Went to Monkwearmouth college a few years later and got 5 more 'O' levels and 3 'A' levels, then a degree, then two MScs. Currently doing a PhD at the grand old age of 56 - never give up kiddywinks, follow your dreams :p
What are you studying / researching?

Average in GCSEs, 5 A’s, 4 B’s and a C

Cocked up my A Levels big time and caught hell from my parents; 2 B’s and a C.

Went on and got a 2:1 MLaw / BPTC and got called to the bar. The A-Level C was in Law funnily enough.

Fancy doing a full masters but only if I can convince my employer to pay for it.

Last edited:
Average in GCSEs, 5 A’s, 4 B’s and a C

Cocked up my A Levels big time and caught hell from my parents; 2 B’s and a C.

Went on and got a 2:1 MLaw / BPTC and got called to the bar. The A-Level C was in Law funnily enough.

Fancy doing a full masters but only if I can convince my employer to pay for it.

I've been called to the bar a few times, it's usually a case of who evers buying running out of funds:lol:

I did ok at GCSE, duffed my A-levels after the first year and haven't got anything of note since. Unlike a lot on here I haven't managed to do well career wise with my shite qualifications.

What do you do, or want to do, career wise?

I left with nothing. Not because i was not capable but because i was a moron. Pissed about at school being 'cool' rather than sticking in. From leaving school to about 30 years old i hopped from job to job earning very little. I was very fortunate, whilst in one of the shitty jobs supplying steel plate, to somehow impress the Project Director at Swan Hunter. He left to take up a role on a vessel conversion project, based in London, and asked if i wanted to come and work in Procurement. Lucky breaks can be all you need as long as you grasp them. Aside from a 6 month period i have worked in Oil and Gas consistently now for 20+ years.

Left with nothing at all through sheer laziness and apathy. When the shipyards closed down I did English and maths GCSE's (with no studying) so that I could get onto a level courses and got an A in English and a B in maths. Did my A levels and then blagged a 2.1 English Studies degree.

6 O levels - B's and C's. 3 low grade a levels. Was bright but didn't really get it. Was always marked down as lazy. Found out at the age of 40 when doing my Masters degree that I am dyslexic. (I am still lazy though).

Back