Your Most Prized Bike (as a kid)

Discussion in 'SMB' started by CW7, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MONTYMCPHAIL

MONTYMCPHAIL Midfield

Yella striker

2. Lester1979

Lester1979 Winger

A Raleigh Wildcat. It had sirens and black plastic everywhere. :cool:

Lefty Frizzell likes this.
  3. Lefty Frizzell

Lefty Frizzell Midfield

I've been trying to remember. I think it was just sound effects, maybe a roar and possibly a laser sound?! Was cool as fuck like. Got nicked as well...from outside my house, whilst I went in for my tea!!

4. socrates

socrates Striker

never had one. neither did my sister or brother.

me dad worked down the pit until 1963 when I was 13. we just couldnt afford it.

i had a great bogey though made with pram wheels.

5. Kuwahara Laserlite Teardrop frame all with upgraded parts, mostly bought from Kawasaki World - beat the shit out of the Raleigh Pro Burner.

6. Shivafever

Shivafever Goalkeeper

Shame it wasn’t a tracking device! I had a Raleigh medal road bike. Rode it for miles. Loaned it to loads of mates. Eventually got nicked outside 7-11 on north end road. Miss that bike.

Lefty Frizzell likes this.
  7. Hue Jorgan

Hue Jorgan Midfield

My blue grifter but boy they weighed a tonne

8. x ALiEN 8

x ALiEN 8 Midfield

I had a blue Raleigh Boxer that I loved but my most prized was my Raleigh Super Tuff Burner with Reynolds 531 oval tubing, that thing was the nuts :cool:.

9. Falconhoof

Falconhoof Winger

Raleigh Ultra Burner. Those were the boyos :cool:

10. the boot

the boot Midfield

Budgie then a bomber.

I had no choice in either of these.

11. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Probably my Burner But I still remember the feeling when my dad rolled out a grifter for me. Upgrading from a striker.

Loved it. Me dad spray painted it too.

12. jackynutmeg

jackynutmeg Winger

two things would survive a nuclear holocaust.....cockroaches and Raleigh Grifters

13. mickyw

mickyw Goalkeeper

I had a white Raleigh Mag Burner with black skys, it was class and seemed fast as fuck, how I ironic I went on to support the lads......although I don't burn mags ;)

14. Bob Fleming

Bob Fleming Striker

Cockroaches riding grifters within 20 years.

jackynutmeg likes this.
  15. Dr Feelgood

Dr Feelgood Full Back

Green Mk1 Chopper - fur on seat grab handle and twin rear view mirrors on handlebars

16. Fred Army

Fred Army Winger

Gold Raleigh Super Burner

17. DaveH

DaveH Striker

I was never that good with stunt bikes, but got a Raleigh Winner racer bike and nobody could beat me for speed:
    [​IMG]

I remember wanting a new bike for a couple of years, but my parents held back because I was growing too fast. This seemed huge when I got it, but I still out grew it. It lived in my parents garage for years, until I loaned it to a mate at Uni. He didn't lock it up and it got nicked within a few weeks.

18. Musicman

Musicman Striker

Claud Butler racer bought it 2nd hand. I was told it was a bike that used t belong to Joe Waugh (South Shields Olympian)

19. A bike ? I was lucky to get food.

Did get a bike though, when i was 14-15, i got a paper round and bought some old bone shaker from an old bloke. Had it about a year. No idea what make it was.
    I'm sure my father used to use it to collect overspill coal from Monkton cokeworks.

20. This , with back pedal brake.
    Could skid for miles with one of those