Your House

Status
Not open for further replies.

A nice solid 3 bed 1930's semi in SW London/Surrey suburbia with a 100 ft garden. A nice well built house, worth far more than it f***ing should be.

Old terrace on a hill. One of the earliest houses in shields I think. Uninterrupted views of Tynemouth/entrance to the Tyne/North Sea (yes Mag, a kna)

3 bedrooms, walled garden and detached garage. Bought it off an old dear - Hadn't been touched since the 60s/70s. Took 7 years to get round to sorting each room. Canny spot, would like the loft converted and garage made into a double.

In the process of buying a 4 bed. Will have a spare bedroom (wife's logic) so wanting to hoy in a home cinema of sorts. i.e. projector and screen, sofa bed, wall bed. Anyone got one? Need some inspiration. Pics if you do please.

You know that's not a bad idea.

As it is it would be great for a couple starting off but zero option if she gets sprogged up. A second small room would give them that option until they would be presumably ready to upgrade.

I'm coming home next month and will look into that.

Anyone know any contractors who could knock that up for a decent wedge?
Unfortunately you will need a few trades to do this, dry liner, plasterer/taper, painter and joiner, obviously you can paint and put a bit of skirting board on yourself

As of this weekend I'm technically homeless :lol:. Relocating from Liverpool to Leeds and waiting for our sellers/solicitors to get a shimmy on .

New house (once we get it), 3 bed semi, 2 miles out of city centre, built in mid 1990s. Drive, no garage, decent sized garden, quiet road. Living space is a bit smaller than we would have liked, but it's done out nice.

We wanted an older terraced house but most in Leeds are student hovels/shit areas or way above our price range.

3 bed semi, ex-council house in a small estate where around 85% of the houses are privately owned. Nice area (during the last General Eectiin, the BBC website referred to it as "the affluent suburb of Monifieth"), no garage but enough drive space for 4 cars, good size garden, and all bedrooms are double bedrooms so we are happy.

Will either move or extend once kids are at school as we'd love a play room and a utility/brew room.

Last edited:
3 storey terrace at the top end of Chester le Street so probably worth fuck all but I love it. Peaceful as, great views to the front, big bay window, real and high walls, 3 old fireplaces, an old log burner in an inglenook, old oak floors. My bedroom is a double and a single knocked into one so loads of room - Rightmove and Homes Under the Hammer wouldn't approve. Extension on the back to have a proper kitchen downstairs and bathroom upstairs - some in the street have the original netty downstairs past the kitchen configuration which is just wrong.

Old style loft extension so no modern building regs but an office (erm gaming rig,exercise bike and an old comic collection plus a zillion pictures of the bairn at various stages of growing up) and a mancave next to it with a git big scratter telly, a lava lamp, cheesy posters and Himalayan salt candles for the ions and whatnot.

Pretty damn perfect really. Fuck the worth, I have a home and i'm grateful every day for it...

3 bed detached farmhouse. Not a straight wall in the fecking place and they are made of shite.
The old byres that were supposedly built at the same time are well constructed buildings. Its as if they had built them and thought oh we need somewhere to sleep so used the crap that was left to build the farmhouse.
I dug the livingroom floor out last year to put an insulated floating floor in and the old floor consisted of an inch of concrete (didnt think that was possible) straight onto soil. My dad kept wondering why the carpets went mouldy

6 bed detached over 3 floors. 4 double bedrooms and 2 small box rooms used as a dressing room and an office.

Garage is in the main house so not loads of room downstairs. Small gardens front and back. In Houghton-le-Spring so only cost £175K about 5 years.

We love it but we would like to down size to a bungalow in the next few years now the kids are up.

If it makes you feel better, my place is about 40% that square footage and would sell for almost 2.5x as much. American real estate isn't all created equal. Still not London prices, of course, but not Houston either.
We've just got so much space here. When I moved to this house in 2014 it was on the edge of town, we now have new builds for another 20miles. It keeps the prices low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back