Your House

Status
Not open for further replies.
One large bedroom as the box room wall was knocked in

This is your problem. Is it not worth putting a false wall up to remake it into a bedroom, if it's been for sale for ages then there are obviously reasons why.

Sarcasm is lost on some people.
Mind big business never hires people known for having a sense of humour.
Who needs humour when bare faced greed and sociopathy are much sought after skills.

Sarcasm is lost on some people.
Mind big business never hires people known for having a sense of humour.
Who needs humour when bare faced greed and sociopathy are much sought after skills.
Don't even have the bollocks to quote me do you? Fuck me what a horrific life you have if this is what you do to amuse yourself.

6 bed detached, 3 dressing rooms but no en-suite
Was 3 bathrooms when we bought it but its only got 2 now
Double garage and hard standing for Lewis Hamilton and his mates however we have to share the drive

Being all the threads recently on rightmove voyeurism and property prices, what do you live in? If we can avoid the ego trips more just curious what people have; -)

4 bed mews house (posh terrace) for me. Mock Tudor built in the 80''s on an old railway yard In Warwickshire. Garage 'en bloc'
Not the biggest kitchen but got a big open plan living room and dining room with real fire.
Was a 2 storey, 3 bed originally. Owners have stuck a conservatory on and converted the loft. Got 2 en suites, a bathroom and WC as a result.

Main issue is the garden is too small. And thinking about getting a hybrid but as the garage is en bloc no where to plug in and charge it.

Aside from that it's ideal for us and can't see us moving for 5-10 years

Owner occupier of a 2 bed semi, I also own a 2 bed Liverpool City Centre Apartment which I bought off plan in 2002 and rent out, also a 1 bed Apartment in Torreveija near Benidorm. My semi is pretty bog standard but it's a bit of a man pad lately which I've recently had a proper pool table installed downstairs:) Probably could do with the kitchen and bathroom doing if my lass moves in.

Last edited:
This is your problem. Is it not worth putting a false wall up to remake it into a bedroom, if it's been for sale for ages then there are obviously reasons why.
You know that's not a bad idea.

As it is it would be great for a couple starting off but zero option if she gets sprogged up. A second small room would give them that option until they would be presumably ready to upgrade.

I'm coming home next month and will look into that.

Anyone know any contractors who could knock that up for a decent wedge?

3 bed Edwardian terrace. Big rooms, high ceilings, loads of original bits. Love it (probably won't love decorating it mind).

Less than a 2 minute walk from the front door and I'm looking at the sea.

As @Bob Fleming said, massive difference from living in small modern boxes which I've spent all my life in up until now (and have nothing against).

I've all four bedrooms, and the front room recently and didn't mind it too much. Dining room should be fine too but dreading the hall, stairways and landing. I'll have to get a man in for that.

I've all four bedrooms, and the front room recently and didn't mind it too much. Dining room should be fine too but dreading the hall, stairways and landing. I'll have to get a man in for that.

That's my fear as well.

Did you manage with ladders or some sort of quick stage thing?

My terraced cottage in walking distance to the Alex and Asda in Grangetown has been for sale for ages - any takers?

One large bedroom as the box room wall was knocked in, no garage, modernized open plan inside. PM if interested.

It's a very easy job to put a stud wall in, won't cost much and will surely help it sell.

Moving into a new build 3 bed semi at the end of September. Big drive and a big garden

Nothing fancy but it'll do the job for the foreseeable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back