Your favourite synth/electronic music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on, first see them supporting Blancmange (along with a duo called Vicious Pink) then supporting Thomas Dolby
Quite liked them but as you say never sold enough and disbanded quite quick. Yes sax player Nelson's brother Ian unfortunately died in his sleep a few years ago iirc.
Had another fantastic couple tracks Photography & Secrets (was nearly a breaking in top 40) gets played a bit on radio now and again

Both them songs are on the tape I have - yes that's right I said tape! - trying to get round to converting them to MP3s before the tapes warp and stretch, they're only 30 years old!

I taped the beginning of a Blancmange concert just cos they threw a bowl of blancmange over Steve Blackthorne the ginger elf who used to host and introduce the show "... IN sight, IN sound and IN concert, it's Blancmange!"

I also have a Thomas Dolby concert with the intro being a voice over by Magnus Pike giving a lecture on how the earth is in fact flat. (For any thick shits looking in I'm sure it was meant to be satirical!)

Great time to be a youngun!

Thomas Leer- Private Plane had me and a marra pricing up a synth in the late 70s. Three months wages EACH. Took that. Pop music has still to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back