Your favourite ever Sunderland goal?

Ji against Man City was amazing. We were under so much pressure all game, desperately clinging on to 0-0 to actually get the winner was superb, the audible intake of breath as he goes 1 on 1 followed by deafening cheer as he scores.
I'll go Ji too. The fact it was New Year's Day, was right in front of us and we were in the Black Cats Bar for that one made it extra special.

Was that our only chance in that game?

I'll go Ji too. The fact it was New Year's Day, was right in front of us and we were in the Black Cats Bar for that one made it extra special.

Possibly, I remember us being under pressure for almost the entire game. Never thought we’d hold on for the draw let alone win it, made the celebration all the sweeter.

Johnson 1-0

We dominated for 85 minutes and missed loads of sitters. Mags had their best spell of the game for 4 minutes and the away end were starting to accept the run was over and hoping we'd just see it out.

Never seen anything like the scenes when he put it away.

Nor. Bendtner missed a one on one about ten minutes in when he ran clean through from the centre circle and Sessegnon should have scored on about 75 minutes. We missed a few decent chances IIRC.

For the feeling at the time of the goal, Borini at Wembley by a mile. We were leading a Cup Final for the first time in my life (I was one in 1973 which doesn’t really count).

I didn’t actually celebrate as much as I might have expected, I remember taking the time to take in, from our seats near the half way line, what it was like to see the whole of one end going nuts for a SAFC goal in a Cup Final.

I had a feeling what came next but I’ll never forget that moment.

Bardo v Man U in the cup semi. The penalties were like we actually 50/50 to win this where-as Bardsley’s just came from nowhere and was like ‘WTF, we’ve practicslly won this c*nt’ :eek:

Back