Your favourite drum solos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peart, and even then only in his early days.

The drums and bass are the engine room of a band and if you are a decent enough standard you really should be able to show your goods off in the body of the song.

In my teens I was listening to a live Grateful Dead concert and the drum solo started...champion, time to get in the bath. Had a nice soak, came downstairs and the solo was still in full swing. Ridiculous.

Leave the noodling to the guitarist where it belongs. Still...gives an opportunity for a slash at a gig I suppose.

This all day, drummers show their chops by dictating the mood/pace/feel of the song.

Prefer,spurts,much more interesting
Danny Carey's on Tool's Vicarious
Jerry marotta on pretty much all of Lay your hands on me by Peter Gabriel
Collins on In the air

Ringo's solo on The End by the Beatles is the only one I like. It is short and quite musical which helps.

Oh, and before anyone starts on his drumming, if you think he is shite you are a cloth-eared fool.
Very good. I'm a fan of She Said She Said, due in no small part to his smacking.

Ticks along. He's class.

Much prefer the likes of QOTSA and Arctic Monkeys using the drums as an actual instrument within the song rather than just backing.

Any solo Gibson Lavis or Buddy Rich plays / played, but have a listen to Gene Krupa on Sing, Sing, Sing.

All three proper drummers !

Alan White was a member of the Durham branch of the Musicians Union when I was ( just thought I'd let you know :cool: )
Sorry should have read Gilson Lavis, bloody predictive spelling :evil:

Ringo's solo on The End by the Beatles is the only one I like. It is short and quite musical which helps.

Oh, and before anyone starts on his drumming, if you think he is shite you are a cloth-eared fool.

First and only one that came to mind for me. It was a canny way to lead into the three individual guitar solos for them to sign off as a band once and for all as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back