Your favourite Christmas songs.

So many to choose from......

Pretenders - 2000 miles (love the sentiment behind the song - the death of one of the original members of the band).

Steeleye Span - Gaudete

or this....

Both fantastic and not played anything like enough times at this time of year, which is probably why I still really like them 40yrs on from when I can first remember hearing them!

Honourable mentions for Dana's 'Cold, Cold Christmas' and Christmas Song by Gilbert O'Sullivan. Check them out if you have never heard them.

or this....

Both fantastic and not played anything like enough times at this time of year, which is probably why I still really like them 40yrs on from when I can first remember hearing them!

Honourable mentions for Dana's 'Cold, Cold Christmas' and Christmas Song by Gilbert O'Sullivan. Check them out if you have never heard them.
This ones good. That’s three I enjoy.

My favourite is a bit of an “out there” choice:

I’m also a big fan of this (yes, I’m aware it’s a cover but prefer this version to the Vandals):

Of the mainstream ones, it’s definitely “Fairytale of New York”. I bought a T-shirt of the single cover last year and managed to shut someone right up by telling them my favourite Pogues album is “Run, Sodomy and the Lash”. I think they thought I was “doing a Ramones” when I am genuinely a fan of The Pogues.

I like the old ones a lot.

But few weeks back one of my favourite acts released this one. Tis wonderful but if you listen to it be warned, you may get bit teary.

Back