Your favourite all time TV Match commentator?

Sundered Land

Midfield
Just watching some old games and it strikes me that the old commentators (in my humble opinion that is) where much better than some of the drivel spewed out by today’s Sky and other TV match commentators? Who was your favourite then?
Brian Moore? John Motson? David Coleman....There were a few so who was your favourite and why?
Brian Moore for me.

Just watching some old games and it strikes me that the old commentators (in my humble opinion that is) where much better than some of the drivel spewed out by today’s Sky and other TV match commentators? Who was your favourite then?
Brian Moore? John Motson? David Coleman....There were a few so who was your favourite and why?
Brian Moore for me.
Same here.👍

Bit before my time Brian Moore but he was the best. Did a great job for 73 cup final and the commentary for Michael Owen’s goal against Argentina in 98, for example, is brilliant.

Martin Tyler was mint until he was hyped up by sky. I’m talking early 90s.

Still think Bill Leslie or Brian Moore are both excellent. Just watched Moore commentating in the arsenal v Liverpool game from 89. RIP.

Brian Moore for me.
Brian Moore and his Ha Wah the Lads at the 73 Final was cool, but for me I grew up listening to John Motson, he will always be the voice of the game for me.

Brian Moore for me.
I'm I'm agreement with Moore.

Like Alan Davies, class commentary.

Not TV but radio, Alan Green on the BBC Football commentary, 5 live etc., can't stand his voice, switch it off straight away, how he get licence payers money I'll never know. Also, pees me off that on the BBC commentary they do half of a half, WtF that all about, they get paid good money, do the whole 90 minutes you set of clowns.

Edit: Barry Davies, blame the 3 cans of San Miguel

Back