Your favourite all time TV Match commentator?

Anyone choosing Motson wants their ears testing. Dreadful commentator, donā€™t know how he got so far.

Iā€™ve also never been able to stand Alan Parry. Full of cliches, often about the Mags. He commentated on the 1990 semi final play off second leg - I watched the highlights on YouTube today and one of his first comments was ā€œNewcastle are in their famous black and white stripes.ā€ Same old shite. He probably mentioned ā€œfamous number 9ā€ if Iā€™d kept the sound on long enough.

Just watching some old games and it strikes me that the old commentators (in my humble opinion that is) where much better than some of the drivel spewed out by todayā€™s Sky and other TV match commentators? Who was your favourite then?
Brian Moore? John Motson? David Coleman....There were a few so who was your favourite and why?
Brian Moore for me.
Guy Mowbray.

Kenneth Wolstenholme maybe.. But probably Brian Moore.... In fact anybody without the likes of the annoying Jermain Jennas, Danny Murphy, Jamie Carragher etc alongside talking about anything but the football

Moore, Davies, Mowbray in no particular order.

Bottom of the heap though..... Motson.
More concerned about the colour of the socks than describing the action
More owwww and...... What???
Useless

Kenneth wolstenholme they think it all over ... It is now. Always liked Hugh johns as well for his commentary on some of the commentary on the Brazil games from the 1970 world cup

Back