Your favourite 3 opening riffs.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
And a few years further back the Blues dudes responsible for loads of young 'uns to pick up a guitar......Brian Jones, Eric Clapton, Keef Richards etc

All them came after the ones mentioned. Given the fact that the stones were covering Chuck Berry early on, I'd guess they heard the likes of Elvis, Berry and Haley before they had heard the proper blues ones.
Everybody does it where they discover an artist then check their influences. Which means my point still stands

Paint it Black

Oh yes.

Paint it Black

This is actually a Beethoven track backwards, but for the life of me can't remember which.

The boys were in the studio listening to some classical music and the track was played backwards by mistake giving Brian Jones that great opening riff that plays on throughout the track.

"0th

An anti-comedian. Used to go out of his way to be shite and get the audience riled. Used to support acts likd The Fall.
Quite a few videos of him getting bottled off. Which is his aim.

Here he is on Pebble Mill at one whooshing everybody

Ahh, I see.

Thanks! ... I think. ;)

Chuck Berry - Johnny B Good.

I loved Back to the Future ;)

Always winds me up that bit.
He's in 1955, plays Johnny B Goode to an audience of high school prom kids, who can drive so let's say they're 17 or 18.
"Your kids are gonna love it" is what McFly says.
Let's assume they have kids at an average age of 25. So those kids aren't born until 1962/63 so when those kids discover music it's gonna be mid to late 70s, early 80s.
Basically the age of Marty McFly considering he's at the dance where his mam and dad gor together.

"0th

Ahh, I see.

Thanks! ... I think. ;)

Well just the first 'Nam joke in the first clip really, cheltenham/tottenham

Last edited:
Always winds me up that bit.
He's in 1955, plays Johnny B Goode to an audience of high school prom kids, who can drive so let's say they're 17 or 18.
"Your kids are gonna love it" is what McFly says.
Let's assume they have kids at an average age of 25. So those kids aren't born until 1962/63 so when those kids discover music it's gonna be mid to late 70s, early 80s.
Basically the age of Marty McFly considering he's at the dance where his mam and dad gor together.

Well just the first 'Nam joke in the first clip really, cheltenham/tottenham
I'm gonna pick you up for saying gor instead of got ;)

All them came after the ones mentioned. Given the fact that the stones were covering Chuck Berry early on, I'd guess they heard the likes of Elvis, Berry and Haley before they had heard the proper blues ones.
Everybody does it where they discover an artist then check their influences. Which means my point still stands

Oh yes.

And Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters etc

And Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters etc

Aye coz all them were played on the radio just as much as Elvis, Bill Haley and Chuck Berry weren't they?

My point is, and it's correct, that as youths people were influenced or into those 3 mentioned before going back and checking out Howlin Wolf or Muddy Waters

Back