Your Dog

Ours is super friendly with people, and other dogs
He has been to a number of dog behaviour classes, and dog agility, which he loves.

Amazing to think where he came from as well. Never adopted a rescue dog before but the feel good factor ya get is amazing (not to mention bringing the dog on and gently turning it back into a loved pet again)

Would recommend it to anyone !

Plays so many roles- being given the choice by the vet to put her down or let her struggle on- doesnt get much harder than that- what a hole in our life- great dog r.i.p
Ours came back in from the yard about 6 years ago and lay down at our feet with tongue hanging out of her mouth. Sat stroking her for almost 2 hours before she finally went. Just so glad the bairn wasn't there. Never get another, couldn't handle it myself , never mind the family. Sorry for your loss mate.

What some wonderful people you are.
My big “lump” is everything and I know eventually the last chapter in the book is always the same as the previous times.
They simply become your best friend and nothing you can do about it.
That’s what makes them so so special.

Lost my little boy couple of nights ago. Happened very suddenly and its blindsided us completely. Hardest bit was trying to explain to the bairns when they asked where he was the next morning after getting out of bed. He was like my little shadow and he came pretty much everywhere that he could with me.

So sorry to read that. It's an awful thing to go through especially when it's one who has been practically glued to your side for years. Sending my love xx

Lost my little boy couple of nights ago. Happened very suddenly and its blindsided us completely. Hardest bit was trying to explain to the bairns when they asked where he was the next morning after getting out of bed. He was like my little shadow and he came pretty much everywhere that he could with me.

Really sorry to hear that mate. My old girl follows me round everywhere (I can't even go for a piss without her tagging along) and with her being 11 now I can't help but think about how I'm going to cope without her. I hope you and the bairns can remember the happy times with him.

Really sorry to hear that mate. My old girl follows me round everywhere (I can't even go for a piss without her tagging along) and with her being 11 now I can't help but think about how I'm going to cope without her. I hope you and the bairns can remember the happy times with him.
Had the same thing, worked from home for the majority of the last 7/8 years and the little man was generally camped out in his bed right by the side of my desk. Every time I looked like I might budge an inch he was straight up waiting expecting either a walk or something to eat! It's a f***ing horrible feeling knowing I will never see him again.

sorry to hear that mate , every dog owner who has lost a dog knows how shit it is

It's the absolute pits when you lose a pet. We've got two cats who are almost 7 and a dog who turned 1 today. Long way off having to put any of them to sleep, hopefully, but when the day comes we'll all be a right mess.

it's so devastating, lost our 17 year old lovely border collie years ago,its been so long but still struggle to this day missing him not a day goes by I dont think of him,would love another one but not sure i could take the heartbreak again

Like shite can I read through this thread, the first few posts did it for me.
My deepest and sincerest condolences to those who’ve lost a dear little friend.

A couple of years back we rehomed a shih tzu, Jasmine. She was the mother of my favourite furry friend, Harley, and grandmother to Harley’s son, Benny. We wanted her to spend her remaining few years with us. Having three generations of Shih Tzus was special, but it didn’t last.

We had her for a few months, all was well, but one day we noticed she was very down and lacking interest. Next day she was no better so we took her to the vets, who did a blood test and immediately referred us to the veterinary hospital at Gateshead. They did their own tests, and it came back that she had a disease we’d never even heard of - AHA, or Autoimmune Haemolytic Anaemia. The vet recommended we let her go.

Within less than 24 hours our girl went from a seemingly normal, healthy girl to euthanised. We were shattered, I still haven’t got over it.

We had a little wake for her, laid out with her favourite toy under her little paw, and I made her a coffin as I can’t bear putting pets in the dirt. Christ, this is getting to me, I’ll leave it there.

Back