Your Dog

Don't think I'll ever understand why euthanasia with animals is the kind and done thing, with people it's immoral. Dread the day with my dog and she's been an arsehole all her life.

Had a larsa apso for 18 years !!!!
He was blind after 10 years but still game him and the cat were best mates and used to sleep side by side
Then out of the blue he couldn’t eat or drink and lost weight , we knew it was time to take him to the vet
My then missus called me at work to say get home we have to make the appointment
We spent the last few hours sitting in the sun with him just stroking him as he laid there , it was obvious he was in pain
On the way to the vets he fouled himself as he knew where he was going
When we got to the vet we placed him on the table both of us distraught that we were killing our dog
Anyway just before the vet could do anything he passed away
I said to my then missus that he knew we were heartbroken and he saved us from giving the ok to put him to sleep
We took him home and buried him in the garden for a month after the cat would sit where he was buried just to be close to him

Had a larsa apso for 18 years !!!!
He was blind after 10 years but still game him and the cat were best mates and used to sleep side by side
Then out of the blue he couldn’t eat or drink and lost weight , we knew it was time to take him to the vet
My then missus called me at work to say get home we have to make the appointment
We spent the last few hours sitting in the sun with him just stroking him as he laid there , it was obvious he was in pain
On the way to the vets he fouled himself as he knew where he was going
When we got to the vet we placed him on the table both of us distraught that we were killing our dog
Anyway just before the vet could do anything he passed away
I said to my then missus that he knew we were heartbroken and he saved us from giving the ok to put him to sleep
We took him home and buried him in the garden for a month after the cat would sit where he was buried just to be close to him

Horrid mate but like you say looks like he knew it was his time
Love our little fella to bits. He was a rescue dog and we got him as a puppy he was supposed to be a cockapoo but I reckon he could be anything but he is literally the most loyal gentlest dog I have ever known. dread the day anything happens to him

Last edited:
Don't think I'll ever understand why euthanasia with animals is the kind and done thing, with people it's immoral. Dread the day with my dog and she's been an arsehole all her life.
It shouldn’t be immoral or illegal, but that’s another thread mate.

That's just a conversation I really don't want to have. Mine is nine now, a boxer, and she is my world. For the past three years she has had a degenerative bone disease in her feet, and I know that one day she will be in so much pain that I will have to do the right thing. She never moans, yelps, doesn't want to not play, always wants to walk and is as bright as a button, but those feet are going to kill her.

My boxer is going over the bridge tomorrow. He has had 9 years 9 months of pure joy. He has cancer now, and we have him doped up, but he still gobbled down his Big Mac and chips, followed by a cinnamon danish. Big day tomorrow big lad, you used up your batteries on every sand dune and woodland in the area. Time for a lovely sleep beautiful boy, you have earned it. I will see you over the bridge...

My boxer is going over the bridge tomorrow. He has had 9 years 9 months of pure joy. He has cancer now, and we have him doped up, but he still gobbled down his Big Mac and chips, followed by a cinnamon danish. Big day tomorrow big lad, you used up your batteries on every sand dune and woodland in the area. Time for a lovely sleep beautiful boy, you have earned it. I will see you over the bridge...
Sorry to hear this mate, hope it goes as well as it can:(

Thinking of you marra and sending my love xx

Thinking of you marra and sending my love xx

Had a bit guilt getting another dog so soon- and this puppy is running mrs lfd and me ragged - tried to bite me nose off

Lump in throat reading that marra

I have a little cross breed terrier,between a Yorkie and a Lakeland.
First dog we've ever had, a right little feisty fucker.
I can't imagine life without it.

Had a bit guilt getting another dog so soon- and this puppy is running mrs lfd and me ragged - tried to bite me nose off

Think it's natural to feel guilty but you shouldn't. Puppies are class 😎

I keep thinking Bob is on his last legs. Some days he's really slow and sleepy yet other days like Sunday he did a five mile walk and enjoyed it. He'll be 15 in March.
Just re-reading this ans set me off again.

Honey been gone 3 months now, miss her so f***ing much man.

Have a hug. It's really tough xx

Plays so many roles- being given the choice by the vet to put her down or let her struggle on- doesnt get much harder than that- what a hole in our life- great dog r.i.p

One of the hardest things you'll ever have to do, but it's not fair to keep them going if they're struggling.
6 years ago yesterday we had to do the same for one of our cats.
To say they take a piece of your heart with them, doesn't quite cover it.

My sincere sympathies.

Plays so many roles- being given the choice by the vet to put her down or let her struggle on- doesnt get much harder than that- what a hole in our life- great dog r.i.p
Sorry to hear that. RIP

We have 3 dogs - 1 Bichon. Took bad just before xmas and was at deaths door the week after xmas. Went to the vets on the A689 just off the A1M. Cost to operate and put her right - nigh on £2500. Choice was let her die or operate.

I'm now £2500 lighter....dog is now fine. Saved her.

It’s not all bad though, we had another little jack russell and she helped, trouble was once her big brother went she withdrew a bit and got quite scared on walks. Waited a few months and decided the best way to honour Bez’s memory was getting a rescue. A Romanian rescue in the end ☺

and here’s the result. A happy Jack Russell and rescued Romanian street dog ! (She’s on the coveted top of the chair)
View media item 4783
We have a Romanian rescue, since last may, cracking little dog.

We have a Romanian rescue, since last may, cracking little dog.

Ours is a Tendercare pup, she was found in a field with her own little pup, we snapped her up as soon as we saw a photo of her 😂. She’s a proper little character. Still very fearful of groups of people but one on one she’s better with strangers than our other dog!

Ours is a Tendercare pup, she was found in a field with her own little pup, we snapped her up as soon as we saw a photo of her 😂. She’s a proper little character. Still very fearful of groups of people but one on one she’s better with strangers than our other dog!
Ours is super friendly with people, and other dogs
He has been to a number of dog behaviour classes, and dog agility, which he loves.

Back