Your aims / priorities for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeeeed

Winger
Morning y'all!

What are your aims and / or priorities for your photography in 2014? Professional or hobby...

My priorities include;
  • More night sky stuff, e.g. milky way and star trails
  • Northern Lights
  • A bit more people stuff
  • Mist and Fog
  • Some nice snow scenes (fingers crossed)
  • Sell some landscape stuff :D
  • Beat Ross in the Feb comp
  • More jetties ;)

might do a street project - taking pictures of characters or something.
get my studio set up at work - cruise model mayhem.
Ribblehead viaduct
win the Feb comp and set another ridiculous theme.

- Oooo gallery is the big question - there's a couple of potential options on the table
- Cards are going really well, could be 50% of my business at the end of next year
- Looking into doing my own limited edition books and end the days of being ripped off by Amazon and publishers

After that the worrying thing is when I might be able to take any shots

might do a street project - taking pictures of characters or something.
get my studio set up at work - cruise model mayhem.
Ribblehead viaduct
win the Feb comp and set another ridiculous theme.
Ribblehead has an SMB excursion written all over it.

Re modelling, good looking people don't interest me. I really want to photkgraph haggered looking folk. It's really hard convincing them though :)

Ribblehead has an SMB excursion written all over it.

Re modelling, good looking people don't interest me. I really want to photkgraph haggered looking folk. It's really hard convincing them though :)
theres plenty haggered looking ones on model mayhem!

theres plenty haggered looking ones on model mayhem!
:eek::lol::lol:

• Get out more than I have been
  • Fancy trying some night sky stuff, not star trails but deep space stuff like nebulas and galaxies.
  • Inanimate objects with a black background, you know what I mean.. something that can be done at home
  • Trip up to the Torridons when the snows on the ground.
Not really into portraits or people stuff

:eek::lol::lol:

• Get out more than I have been
  • Fancy trying some night sky stuff, not star trails but deep space stuff like nebulas and galaxies.
  • Inanimate objects with a black background, you know what I mean.. something that can be done at home
  • Trip up to the Torridons when the snows on the ground.
Not really into portraits or people stuff

Any luck on the jobs front kenster?

Black velvet cloth you need for project c, doesn't reflect any light

Black velvet cloth you need for project c, doesn't reflect any light

Had a lot of calls last week to start in the new year but won't hear owt now until january. ALways quiet in engineering/oil and gas this time of year. Know of quite a few big projects starting in the new year, some local and some away from home. Have been put forward for them so will just have to wait and see now. All this time off I should be able to get out a lot more with the camera but the weathers been absolute shite.
Thanks for the heads up with the velvet, was going to paint a couple of bits of cardboard with matt black paint. :rolleyes:

Had a lot of calls last week to start in the new year but won't hear owt now until january. ALways quiet in engineering/oil and gas this time of year. Know of quite a few big projects starting in the new year, some local and some away from home. Have been put forward for them so will just have to wait and see now. All this time off I should be able to get out a lot more with the camera but the weathers been absolute shite.
Thanks for the heads up with the velvet, was going to paint a couple of bits of cardboard with matt black paint. :rolleyes:
:lol:

The job will come, yes atrocious weather mostly, just waiting for snow

Hope the 'house move' went ok

My aim is to find some motivation and get back in to photography, as apart from holidays and trips out, my cameras have hardly been out of the bag (my 5D especially). Just bought a Canon EOS M, so hopefully this may help give me a kick start.

Like someone else said, my aim is to get back into photography. I have an old Nikon D40 and it's good enough for what I use it for, so I want to get it out and dust it down and play around with it.

And I came across an old Project 365 set I'd set up on Flickr a few years back. I'd only managed to get to July or summat (then work went mental,so I stopped) but I'd like to try it again. Even if the photos are crap, the memories are good, and even if I end up using my iPhone for most of them, it's still practising composition and finding photos in everyday stuff.

Looking to get on this forum a bit more in 2014!

Take some photographs.

I've probably taken fewer than 250 shots in 2013, though I've really enjoyed this last couple of days getting to know my camera again. 2014 is going to be stupidly busy again at work, but I'm determined to get out there and shoot some stuff.

We're about to buy a new house too, so I may be able to get my studio set up again.

Good question....

Photography:

1) Definitely want to "discover" what my style of photography is. That will only be possible through practice and experimentation - and I definitely want a chance to do that more

2) Also - to photographically document the local towns and villages of West Lancashire especially buildings / landscapes of particular interest / beauty.

3) Enter at least 8 monthly competitions this year!!

Videography: Something I wish to get into much more in 2014.

a) To create and publish a Video Prospectus for school (instead of the paper version.) Had this on my "to do" list for too long - its got to happen - and its got to be good!!

b) To publish Video Newsletters for parents - again instead of the paper versions

(I think the bottom two issues will be much more interesting / relevant / informative and enjoyable for the parents and children.)

Can't wait!!

"All the best for 2014" to everyone who regularly frequents this part of the SMB!! :D

Cheers!!

Joe

Build up the commercial side of the business got 17 weddings booked in already and another enquiry the other day that basically said they want to book me, so should be 18 once I'm back from Holland. No commercial jobs booked in yet, although these generally seem to be quite last minute affairs compared to weddings (enquiries a couple of weeks before instead of a year with weddings).

Last year I shot for NHS, easyJet and Toby Carvery and now I only work a proper job 2 days a week fingers crossed I can start to really build the commercial side up.

Good luck to everyone with their aims, hope they are achieved and many others too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back