Younes Kaboul pod

I didn't think he really explained his departure apart from the all-encompassing 'family reasons' but was very coy and evasive about the whole thing. However he declined to properly answer the question on what he thought of Moyes. Was Moyes really the issue in Kaboul leaving? I didn't think we learnt anything about his departure than we already knew. He waxed lyrical about the region, the club and the whole atmosphere at Sunderland then promptly disappeared when Watford, of all clubs, came calling.
The problem was and still remains that the region remains unattractive to footballers who don’t hail from here. It’s been a particular problem for SAFC for many years and caused us to overpay for below-average players.

The problem was and still remains that the region remains unattractive to footballers who don’t hail from here. It’s been a particular problem for SAFC for many years and caused us to overpay for below-average players.
Going back to 1979 and Alex Sabella

Spoke to Danny Higginbotham about his career last week. Loads of interesting non-SAFC stuff, but for those who'd like to listen to the SAFC only it's from about 41 minutes.

Chatted about Keano, his derby goal and Kenwyne.

Great lad is Danny, really articulate.
I enjoyed that, thanks for sharing.
Is that you interviewing?

It's really good, better than a lot I've heard. How do you manage to get in touch with the players? Have you got contacts?
Firstly, thanks very much mate. Really, really appreciate that because I used to get very anxious in interviews.

Yeah, sort of. Just from previous interviews I've got to know some people and football is a small world.

Releasing a pod with Glyn Hodges on Saturday, all about the crazy gang and John Kay!

Firstly, thanks very much mate. Really, really appreciate that because I used to get very anxious in interviews.

Yeah, sort of. Just from previous interviews I've got to know some people and football is a small world.

Releasing a pod with Glyn Hodges on Saturday, all about the crazy gang and John Kay!

Was Hodges the one who head butted Gordon Armstrong?

The area doesn't help, but Newcastle and even Boro havent struggled as much as us. I just think we are not an attractive option to players, even during our better periods managers have said how hard it is to get players to Sunderland

Back