You may call it a tin-pot trophy now - but would you be at Wembley 31st March 2019?

As much as I enjoyed that whole amazing weekend at the league cup final I couldn't see me or any of my mates going to this if we got there.

I'd probably go but I imagine it would be a massive anti climax. The night before the league cup final was so good because people were genuinely excited, there would be some trying to recreate it for this but it would be absolutely forced.

I take Methven's point about needing to accept we're in league one now but equally we have to remember that we are a big club. There's no reason to get excited about this tournament. For some clubs, Rochdale and the likes, this is the biggest cup competition they can realistically win, so you could understand then taking it seriously. For us, we should be looking to get out of this league and, eventually, back into a position where we can dream about winning an actual major cup (FA cup) or at least a league cup. I went yesterday, I'd turn up to Wembley, but I don't think those who are talking it down are being arrogant, it simply isn't a big cup for SAFC and never will be

I'd probably go but I imagine it would be a massive anti climax. The night before the league cup final was so good because people were genuinely excited, there would be some trying to recreate it for this but it would be absolutely forced.

I take Methven's point about needing to accept we're in league one now but equally we have to remember that we are a big club. There's no reason to get excited about this tournament. For some clubs, Rochdale and the likes, this is the biggest cup competition they can realistically win, so you could understand then taking it seriously. For us, we should be looking to get out of this league and, eventually, back into a position where we can dream about winning an actual major cup (FA cup) or at least a league cup. I went yesterday, I'd turn up to Wembley, but I don't think those who are talking it down are being arrogant, it simply isn't a big cup for SAFC and never will be
Absolutley this. If we got to Wembley, aye I'd go. Would it be something to be excited and proud about, no. It is what it is, but this trophy means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Serious question. If we won it would you really feel any sense of pride? Being in a position where we are even playing in it is a stain on the clubs history. To celebrate winning it for a club of our stature is cringey as f*ck. We should be keeping our heads down and mouths shut and be looking at putting things right. Its a sad indictment of where standards have slipped to. WE ARE F*CKING SUNDERLAND MAN!! Not some tin pot all club. 6 times english champions!
There is a whiff of gravy of this. The last 2 seasons have been embarrassing, breaking the PL lowest points record with 19pts and then breaking it 2 seasons later with 15pts is embarrassing. This 'tin-pot' and 'SAFC are massive' is 10 times more embarrassing than playing in the Football League Trophy. We are a League One club whether you like it or not. We have no right to look down on any of the clubs in L1 and L2. We've been a joke for years and hopefully we are on the road to recovery. After the last 2 seasons, going to Wembley and winning a trophy of any kind can only be seen as a positive and a step in the right direction. And it would give us something to cheer about for once!

There is a whiff of gravy of this. The last 2 seasons have been embarrassing, breaking the PL lowest points record with 19pts and then breaking it 2 seasons later with 15pts is embarrassing. This 'tin-pot' and 'SAFC are massive' is 10 times more embarrassing than playing in the Football League Trophy. We are a League One club whether you like it or not. We have no right to look down on any of the clubs in L1 and L2. We've been a joke for years and hopefully we are on the road to recovery. After the last 2 seasons, going to Wembley and winning a trophy of any kind can only be seen as a positive and a step in the right direction. And it would give us something to cheer about for once!

There is no gravy I can assure you. I am not looking down on these clubs just stating a fact. We are historically light years ahead of them in terms of size, trophys, fans and tradition. They know it themselves as owners, managers etc keep saying we will walk the league. We simply have far bigger fish to fry than f*cking around with this joke competition. In terms of the current playing side we are exactly where we deserve to be. I am fully accepting of where we are. As a club however our sole focus should be getting out of this division.

There is no gravy I can assure you. I am not looking down on these clubs just stating a fact. We are historically light years ahead of them in terms of size, trophys, fans and tradition. They know it themselves as owners, managers etc keep saying we will walk the league. We simply have far bigger fish to fry than f*cking around with this joke competition. In terms of the current playing side we are exactly where we deserve to be. I am fully accepting of where we are. As a club however our sole focus should be getting out of this division.
It's not so much the league 1 and 2 teams I have an issue with. It's this farcical situation of having u 23 teams in the tournament. Imagine a final against an under 23 team. I think I'd find that a bit embarrassing to be honest.

Back