You may call it a tin-pot trophy now - but would you be at Wembley 31st March 2019?

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by Major Major, Sep 4, 2018.

1. peterleeblackcat

peterleeblackcat Midfield

Shit tournament now the u23 teams are involved but I was there tonight and will go if we get to Wembley.

2. chopsfc007

chopsfc007 Striker

is it 1 knockout round then quaters

3. Captain Deltic

Captain Deltic Goalkeeper

I presume so

4. Buchans Boots

Buchans Boots Midfield

We should be aiming to win this trophy.

5. Linus

Linus Striker

Bobby Gurney would just play for Sunderland regardless. What is your problem?

6. phunboy

phunboy Midfield

Any tournament we enter wether it be tin pot or a stain on our history that we are even in it as one poster declared we would be stupid not to go all out for and I'm sure as hell I'd be at Wembley cheering the lads on till I'm hoarse. In the words of Charlie Methven we need to accept we are a league one team so why would we not be proud of watching the lads lift a trophy?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Themig, safcforever and Buchans Boots like this.
  7. safcforever

safcforever Striker

:lol: It’s not embarrassing for a L1 club to take part at all.
    That what we are

scott934 and Buchans Boots like this.
  8. I think it was Methven who said that we cant act the billy big bollocks and need to accept where we are, respect our opponents and earn our way out of it. Being in this competition is very much part of where we are and if you find it 'cringey' then you clearly have not accepted where we are.

Don't be so bloody precious man. We are favourites for this and if we treat it properly could go a long way. Its an opportunity to be grasped. If you can't afford a Michelin star restaurant or even some decent pub grub, then you might just have to accept the odd McDonalds happy meal.....

You taking your wallet to the other side? I don't think they accept Sterling where your'e going.

9. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

People are saying it's a tinpot trophy etc. but I bet you every penny I have that IF we got to the final they'd be just as excited as everyone else. To say you wouldn't is just being a dick for being a dick's sake.

Themig, Dredd and safcforever like this.
  10. Bar the Fairs cup and the Intertoto certificate.

You sound like a mag tbh.

cosmicchris00 likes this.
  11. Chop Sauce

Chop Sauce Midfield

It's an absolute embarrassment to be involved in this cup and no I most certainly would not waste my money.

Incorrect. It's a joke of a cup.

Kermit and Ilios like this.
  12. It'd be a great cherry on the cake if we win it along with promotion. However failing to win promotion but winning this would be hugely awkward

13. thamesvalleyman

thamesvalleyman Midfield

For me the competition became cringeworthy when the FA allowed teams from the top 2 divisions to field their reserve teams in it.

Just suppose we got to the final and for example played Chelsea U21?

Humiliating if we lose and under valued if we win.Monstrosity of a competition.

14. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

This is a joke of a league but I still want to win the kernt.

15. Ilios

Ilios Winger

We should hang our heads in embarassment that we are in the competition. I couldn't give a shite how we do in it, and should use it only as a series of useful fixtures to give injured/fringe players a run out. I will not be going to the final, all giddy to watch a Sunderland fringe team take on Bristol City U23s for the prize of 2 points to the winner.

I know we are in League 1, but we'll end up fucking staying there if we, as some desire, fielding full strength teams and take niggles and fatigue into the league games, all because we wanted to win some rinky dink pub trophy? Would you take finishing 3rd in the league rather than top 2, but got you got your day out in London? I'd rather we rotated so that our best players were available for as many league games as possible.

AndrewP, Kermit, John J Rambo and 2 others like this.
  16. Not a chance, I’ve paid my £110 and intend to get full value for money :cool:

17. bmp1970

bmp1970 Winger

Exactly. Need to get knocked out of this nonsense cup as soon as possible.

18. iansun

iansun Striker

The fans have no reason to hang their heads in shame

19. bobpc30

bobpc30 Winger

In all honesty, would love to win it.