You may call it a tin-pot trophy now - but would you be at Wembley 31st March 2019?

This! Given the shit that's gone on in the last 2 seasons then that's why the cup is mainly irrelevant as it's more about having a chance to enjoy something for once :cool:

And a win at Wembley to get the monkey off the back would be good (especially if there’s another potential visit in May)

Like who?
Aye we all know the cup itself isn't as important as others but that's not the big attraction. It's more to do with going down there on the lash for the day/weekend and experience it with mates/family/friends/other fans in the way we have in the past :cool:

I’m not arguing against that - track the conversation back.

Aye we all know the cup itself isn't as important as others but that's not the big attraction. It's more to do with going down there on the lash for the day/weekend and experience it with mates/family/friends/other fans in the way we have in the past :cool:

Again, not arguing against that.

Last edited:
Who's that in your avatar mate? On the left there.
After his 6-month professional contract at Inter Milan came to an end, he was offered another year from the Italian giants which included a 4-month loan spell to Calcio Como, where he scored 8 goals from 12 games. After his contract was up, he returned to the UK and spent time at Brighton and Hove Albion, as well as a spell at Birmingham City, where he was advised to play first team football in the Conference to gain experience in the English game. He signed for non-league club Welling United in December, before later joining Ebbsfleet United and Maidstone United.

After his 6-month professional contract at Inter Milan came to an end, he was offered another year from the Italian giants which included a 4-month loan spell to Calcio Como, where he scored 8 goals from 12 games. After his contract was up, he returned to the UK and spent time at Brighton and Hove Albion, as well as a spell at Birmingham City, where he was advised to play first team football in the Conference to gain experience in the English game. He signed for non-league club Welling United in December, before later joining Ebbsfleet United and Maidstone United.

Who was?

Nah would honestly not bother. Its embarrassing to even be involved in my opinion.
When my team plays I don’t debate whether I should be involved or not.

I go if I possibly can. With or without embarrassment. Surprised at you Kermit.

It is called the efl trophy this year aint it? I thought that. Yet even the ticket office phone says checkatrade.

They are giving recognition to the sponsor which is right and proper I suppose, but fact is the trophy rolls on over the years like the main cups, Checkatrade is just a part-time involvement. Interestingly Wembley consistently refers to it as EFL Trophy and ignores Checkatrade.

When my team plays I don’t debate whether I should be involved or not.

I go if I possibly can. With or without embarrassment. Surprised at you Kermit.

Its just how i feel mate. Dont want to labour the point. Ive argued over it loads of times. My opinion is based around the fact that a club of our stature shouldnt be involved in this, let alone take it seriously. People come back with, "accept we are a league one club now". I am acutely aware of that. I dont have to like it and i dont believe we should start acting like a league one club. The big clubs are often accused of undervaluing the cup competitions and these are actual serious honours. We are f*cking about trying to win the most tin pot trophy around. Its incredibly small time and to have it on our honours list diminishes the club. All of our energy and resources should be aimed at promotion. Nothing else. Who knows what injuries could be picked up or the crucial 2% or 3% drop in performance from some players that have already, or may yet effect a result. Football is a game of fine margins and this worthless trophy is an unnecessary distraction.

Im back :cool:

I had to laugh at @Reiver the other week on about how Sunderland would take 90k tickets if offered and what massive support you have. Ffs man and you call us deluded! I've only seen your stadium full when the mags come to town! You have had the most empty seats in the country for the last few seasons including this one. You have good support yes but not a patch on the mags and selling out your ground a few times in the last decade then banging on about been the best support around is staggering levels of delusion

I bet we have sold out our stadium 150 times plus in the last decade. I think anyone would struggle to show me 5 times Sunderland have done it other than when Newcastle United are in town

I didn't say that but don't let that stop you :lol:

Back