You may call it a tin-pot trophy now - but would you be at Wembley 31st March 2019?

Saints, Millwall and cov all took around 45k.
I think pompey are the only club who would take 50%, everyone else would give us about 45k tickets.
Bury and port Vale may have a chance of getting 50k+tickets
Sheffield Wednesday don’t like this!!

Yeah, ok it was the Championship play off final and Hull only sold circa 20k, however they wouldn’t give Sheff Wed the unsold seats

Serious question. If we won it would you really feel any sense of pride? Being in a position where we are even playing in it is a stain on the clubs history. To celebrate winning it for a club of our stature is cringey as f*ck. We should be keeping our heads down and mouths shut and be looking at putting things right. Its a sad indictment of where standards have slipped to. WE ARE F*CKING SUNDERLAND MAN!! Not some tin pot all club. 6 times english champions!

You are talking utter shit, we are where we are, lets win everything we can, standards have fallen since when? You wernt even born when we won the league

You are talking utter shit, we are where we are, lets win everything we can, standards have fallen since when? You wernt even born when we won the league
See, he's got a point. Roy Keane said the same thing when he took over, no f***ing parade for winning the championship, its not something we should be excited about, a club like sunderland.
I agree, I want to win the EFL Cup, but it's not going to be something I'm proud about, just like winning league 1.
Roy puts a stop to bus fuss | Daily Mail Online

No parade, lets win everything
Aye I agree. But it won't be with a sense of pride, just like @Kermit said. And like Keane said. We are Sunderland, we shouldn't be chuffed to be winning the championship, let alone league 1 or the EFL Cup.
I'll go to the EFL final (if we get there) but wouldnt really be arsed if we won it.
I just can see where kermit was coming from, exactly the same place as keane a few yrs ago, and thought you were pretty harsh on him as you didn't agree, by saying he's talking utter shit.
He has a massive point imo, and I tend to agree with him.
So I'm talking utter shit and keano was too.

Sheffield Wednesday don’t like this!!

Yeah, ok it was the Championship play off final and Hull only sold circa 20k, however they wouldn’t give Sheff Wed the unsold seats

Given they never sell out their dropping to bits suburban stadium that's entirely fair.;)

See Luton still had tickets on sale for tonight's game.

Aye I agree. But it won't be with a sense of pride, just like @Kermit said. And like Keane said. We are Sunderland, we shouldn't be chuffed to be winning the championship, let alone league 1 or the EFL Cup.
I'll go to the EFL final (if we get there) but wouldnt really be arsed if we won it.
I just can see where kermit was coming from, exactly the same place as keane a few yrs ago, and thought you were pretty harsh on him as you didn't agree, by saying he's talking utter shit.
He has a massive point imo, and I tend to agree with him.
So I'm talking utter shit and keano was too.

Aye, the serial winner keane. It must be coincidence that managers, players and clubs with that mind set continue to pick up titles and trophies.

We were the Manchester United back in the day. Weve just been chronically mismanaged for decades. We are still that fantastic club. Just peoples ambitions have been lowered to the point where people would celebrate winning this joke when it is humiliating to even be involved.

PS @offmenut it is refreshing to see a reasonable measured response putting across a point off view without needing to be rude or hoy insults about. Good man.

Aye, the serial winner keane. It must be coincidence that managers, players and clubs with that mind set continue to pick up titles and trophies.

We were the Manchester United back in the day. Weve just been chronically mismanaged for decades. We are still that fantastic club. Just peoples ambitions have been lowered to the point where people would celebrate winning this joke when it is humiliating to even be involved.

PS @offmenut it is refreshing to see a reasonable measured response putting across a point off view without needing to be rude or hoy insults about. Good man.

But this is where we are/have fallen to.
It is a TinPot Trophy, but we're in a TinPot League
Winning it would be one small step back on the Road to Redemption.
And it would inevitably give everyone connected with the club a lift.

Back