You honestly don't know how bad it can get

Keawyeds

Striker
I'm going to start by saying I'm not happy with where we are in the football league. Obviously I'd love to be back in the Prem, but that's clearly not happening any time soon.
I believe it will happen again, but we'll have to wait.

However, some of the pissy knickered moaning on here is remarkable. Some of you won't be happy while you have a hole in your arse.

Sunderland has always been our family team, and I'd get to go to the match with my Dad and sister when we could - not often but it was a real treat when it came around.

When I was at college, I used to support Darlington. They were in Division 3 as it was at the time. I could afford to get through there on the train or bus from Bishop and the tickets weren't much (at Feethams).
It was great. Football quality was bobbins more often than not, but other teams were equally bobbins so it was about right.
Darlo changed managers more than Sunderland do not. Reynolds's ego drove the club to the brink of financial collapse and it only got worse from there.

There was one shining moment. A Wembley Win. The FA Trophy. What a day that was. But as it turned out it was a bit like when an elderly relative gets a little better just before they die.

You think what we suffer now is bad? Try being charged £20 to watch Darlo play "Hayes and Yeading" in an almost empty soulless bowl.
Then came relegation and administration, hoofed out of the league and forced to reform.

I'd given up on them by then, for numerous reasons I'm afraid, mainly because I'd moved to the North West, but so had many of the people I used to go with. The club I knew had been stripped bare and was almost unrecognisable to me.

But I digress...

As Sunderland fans, it goes without saying we've endured a very rough patch since exiting the Premier League. If we're honest, the rough patch was probably the last few seasons in the Premier League as we struggled to survive in it.
We'd probably overstayed our welcome. However, the double plummet was unprecedented fuck up even by our standards.
Jack Ross (et al) was 2 Wembley Wins away from Cult Status, but it didn't happen. He can look at himself for that, but the players need to look at themselves too.

We are not in the best place, but we have a stadium, we have a team, we have finances - granted not all the money in the world, but just because you have it doesn't mean you buy the right people. We've done that on multiple occasions.
The managerial merry-go-round has turned for us again, but hopefully this time it will stay put for a while longer. The team have it in them to get promoted. I believe the manager does too. I'm going off his record so you'd like to think that's a good sign.

It's very easy to get frustrated with the shower of shite we've watched on the pitch recently, but just for a moment - think about how bad it COULD be - and then go get a pint.
Get behind the new manager, get behind the lads and hopefully we'll get back to winning ways.

TL/DR
Remember, managers and players change but the club is still your club. Optimism gets you further than pessimism

I'm going to start by saying I'm not happy with where we are in the football league. Obviously I'd love to be back in the Prem, but that's clearly not happening any time soon.
I believe it will happen again, but we'll have to wait.

However, some of the pissy knickered moaning on here is remarkable. Some of you won't be happy while you have a hole in your arse.

Sunderland has always been our family team, and I'd get to go to the match with my Dad and sister when we could - not often but it was a real treat when it came around.

When I was at college, I used to support Darlington. They were in Division 3 as it was at the time. I could afford to get through there on the train or bus from Bishop and the tickets weren't much (at Feethams).
It was great. Football quality was bobbins more often than not, but other teams were equally bobbins so it was about right.
Darlo changed managers more than Sunderland do not. Reynolds's ego drove the club to the brink of financial collapse and it only got worse from there.

There was one shining moment. A Wembley Win. The FA Trophy. What a day that was. But as it turned out it was a bit like when an elderly relative gets a little better just before they die.

You think what we suffer now is bad? Try being charged £20 to watch Darlo play "Hayes and Yeading" in an almost empty soulless bowl.
Then came relegation and administration, hoofed out of the league and forced to reform.

I'd given up on them by then, for numerous reasons I'm afraid, mainly because I'd moved to the North West, but so had many of the people I used to go with. The club I knew had been stripped bare and was almost unrecognisable to me.

But I digress...

As Sunderland fans, it goes without saying we've endured a very rough patch since exiting the Premier League. If we're honest, the rough patch was probably the last few seasons in the Premier League as we struggled to survive in it.
We'd probably overstayed our welcome. However, the double plummet was unprecedented fuck up even by our standards.
Jack Ross (et al) was 2 Wembley Wins away from Cult Status, but it didn't happen. He can look at himself for that, but the players need to look at themselves too.

We are not in the best place, but we have a stadium, we have a team, we have finances - granted not all the money in the world, but just because you have it doesn't mean you buy the right people. We've done that on multiple occasions.
The managerial merry-go-round has turned for us again, but hopefully this time it will stay put for a while longer. The team have it in them to get promoted. I believe the manager does too. I'm going off his record so you'd like to think that's a good sign.

It's very easy to get frustrated with the shower of shite we've watched on the pitch recently, but just for a moment - think about how bad it COULD be - and then go get a pint.
Get behind the new manager, get behind the lads and hopefully we'll get back to winning ways.

TL/DR
Remember, managers and players change but the club is still your club. Optimism gets you further than pessimism
Shameful post. Have some self respect

Club reformed. Keep up!

The one I knew died. To be honest it pretty much died when it left Feethams
They still exist though.

So not only do you have 2 clubs, you're a fair-weather supporter as well! :lol:

Fair-weather?! Surely it's the opposite. Like a Gloom-magnet or something.
So the OP "gave up" on one club to support another and tells it's fans how to behave...

People have chucked their season tickets for here in for less.
And again for the n-th time.

I'm just saying it could be worse.

Last edited:

Back