You have to be careful what you wish for

There’s two issues here. Would Ross have got us promoted? Probably not. Was Parkinson a good appointment ? Probably not, but I accept the players he’s inherited aren’t good enough either. He needs a really strong transfer window for us to have any chance of promotion. How well he does in January and how well he’s supported by Donald and co will tell us a lot about them both. Let’s just hope our season is still alive by then.

As good a chance as anybody. Unless you had a slam dunk replacement lined up (Barnsley man at worst) I would have kept.
You seem to be ignoring that this is Jack Ross's team that is failing and was failing just before he left. There are no 'slam dunk' replacements - we've seen that before with MON or Mourinho at Man Utd. We were going backwards under Ross - that is undeniable and only promotion is acceptable this season. That doesn't make Parkinson a good replacement. People now saying we should have stuck with Ross are being disingenuous at best.

You seem to be ignoring that this is Jack Ross's team that is failing and was failing just before he left. There are no 'slam dunk' replacements - we've seen that before with MON or Mourinho at Man Utd. We were going backwards under Ross - that is undeniable and only promotion is acceptable this season. That doesn't make Parkinson a good replacement. People now saying we should have stuck with Ross are being disingenuous at best.

I thought we had a decent platform to kick on once the new boys got established into the team. The bookies agreed.

I thought we had a decent platform to kick on once the new boys got established into the team. The bookies agreed.
We had been awful for 20+ games and were clearly going backwards. Ross spending the summer recruiting for 3 at the back, and spending all pre-season trying 3 at the back only for him to abandon this system in the second game of the season was pathetic and showed that he was both running out of ideas and beginning to panic. We were 9th after 11 games - I'm not sure what games you were seeing that showed you anything positive. The 5-0 win was the first good game and good performance for about 20 games and was a better performance than any under Ross.

Back