You can't park there

Someone tried the ‘you can’t park there’ lark with me the other week. I informed him that I could park anywhere I like (it was outside his house but not blocking his drive or owt). He ended up sloping back inside with his tail between his legs.

If it was in the days of just one tunnel you are a despicable bastard;)
Commuted to Morpeth for 23 years before the second one built.
It was two tunnels but that did t make it any better as they closed the barriers northbound both times to prevent any traffic. Then over a massive loud speaker it repeatedly bellows “THERE IS A BROKEN DOWN VEHICLE IN THE TUNNEL”. :lol:

£15 to be pushed out both times.

I’m a mechanic by trade too. :oops:

you can't park here either ,

Logon or register to see this image

A campervan driver became stranded when he attempted to cross a causeway at high tide.

The man had to be rescued when the van became submerged on the Holy Island road, which is underwater twice a day.

He managed to escape and reach a refuge box. It is thought he did not realise it was unsafe to cross because he spoke little English.

Ian Clayton, from Seahouses RNLI, said: "We suspect that language problems may have contributed to this incident."

The rescue happened just after 15:00 GMT on Saturday. Safe crossing times to the island - also known as Lindisfarne - on Saturday were 08:20 until 13:50 and it was unsafe to cross until 20:50.

Back