Yorkshire Honesty

Well said. My mothers 88 in a care home and scared to go out now and her mental health has gone down hill now. She'd rather have taken her chances before this political shit fest.
I don't get this tier 3 solution as the way things are going most of the country will be in it for at least 6 months. I suppose we will have to see how N Ireland and Wales get on with this circuit breaker as tier 3 offers no way out.

Good for her. Since there’s a whopping high chance she’ll need the ICU if she gets infected, is she willing to forego an ICU bed if someone younger needs it?

Selfish. Those who use the most resources if they get infected not giving a fuck.

OP venerates this old woman yet hammers the students passing it about with their own stupid selfishness. What a surprise.
Don't get me started on them f***ing students Norris.

I don't get this tier 3 solution as the way things are going most of the country will be in it for at least 6 months. I suppose we will have to see how N Ireland and Wales get on with this circuit breaker as tier 3 offers no way out.

Circuit breakers are to stop the NHS being overwhelmed.
Most of us us are going to get it.
Most of us are going to be OK.
If you're vulnerable take care should be the advice.
Let the rest crack on.

Let the rest crack on.
Disagree most of us are not going to get it.
Edit I await death threats from you bee....

Pure evil, absolutely insane state of affairs.

Disagree most of us are not going to get it.
Edit I await death threats from you bee....

This is why I asked for 'cases' since August, so this second 'installment', and then we can measure it against the actual deaths over that period and work out a %....nobody offered up the figures 🤔

Last edited:

This is why I asked for 'cases' since August, so this second 'installment', and then we can measure it against the actual deaths over that period and work out a %....nobody offered up the figures 🤔
Bless her, all the lockdowns are doing are killing off the old and not protecting them, it's crazy that most on this forum cannot see it

@Mackem DJ @becs @Lexingtongue you should view this, then explain when I have encouraged vulnerable folk to get ' out and amongst it'

Last edited:
Its seems odd that there are more individual daily deaths of Coronary heart disease, Cancer, COPD, the complications of Diabetes type 1 or 2, than Covid 19... im not saying it does not exist but in a year or two time, there will be serious questions to be asked as to why this virus was allowed to capitalise on the vulnerability of people due to the conditions ive listed above and the real question is why did we not do more by way of preventing in recent times these lifestyle habbits that allowed Covid 19 to add further damage and death among these vulnerable people.

Its seems odd that there are more individual daily deaths of Coronary heart disease, Cancer, COPD, the complications of Diabetes type 1 or 2, than Covid 19... im not saying it does not exist but in a year or two time, there will be serious questions to be asked as to why this virus was allowed to capitalise on the vulnerability of people due to the conditions ive listed above and the real question is why did we not do more by way of preventing in recent times these lifestyle habbits that allowed Covid 19 to add further damage and death among these vulnerable people.

I don't think it's as odd as it seems. Some of those conditions you mention there are huge killers, caused primarily by poor lifestyle choices that are endemic within our population. Approximately 4% of adults have CHD and it causes more than 250,000 hospital admissions a year.

COVID-19 kills approximately 0.4 - 0.8% of those infected, and current best estimates suggest less than 10% of people in the UK have been infected. Precisely for the reason you say, that we have not done enough to stem the tide of these lifestyle-related diseases, is the reason their daily death counts are higher.

On a typical day in England, 685 people are admitted to hospital because of coronary heart disease, but only for a total of about 12 weeks of this year, have there been more than that admitted to hospital, per day with COVID.

Let the rest crack on.
Haha. Listen to what you are saying man.
Please explain where I have told vulnerable folk to get out amongst it??

Please explain??

See more lies from idiots wanting to quote things that didnt happen, so please explain???

If you are able to tell me where I have encouraged vulnerable folk to get out amongst it then I am.more than happy yo address it
Woah. Is all okay?
Be some sore head this morning

Last edited:
I don't think it's as odd as it seems. Some of those conditions you mention there are huge killers, caused primarily by poor lifestyle choices that are endemic within our population. Approximately 4% of adults have CHD and it causes more than 250,000 hospital admissions a year.

COVID-19 kills approximately 0.4 - 0.8% of those infected, and current best estimates suggest less than 10% of people in the UK have been infected. Precisely for the reason you say, that we have not done enough to stem the tide of these lifestyle-related diseases, is the reason their daily death counts are higher.

On a typical day in England, 685 people are admitted to hospital because of coronary heart disease, but only for a total of about 12 weeks of this year, have there been more than that admitted to hospital, per day with COVID.
Yeah I think once this viris is in check and retreating there will be lots of lessons to be learned both in keeping on top of the r number better and more efficient test and Trace and finally and the most important being tackling an epedemic of bad lifestyle choices that has been a major factor in death tolls of those under the age of 75. The care system should be thoroughly regulated and funded accordingly whereby its not just profit and cheap labour.... I'm a firm believer of you often get what you pay for when it comes to quality.

And what else did she say?? I'd say you are more selfish, wanting her to stay in, because you think this will be over quicker if she does, so your life can get back to normal? Not giving two fucks that staying in could actually be detrimental to her and people in her age range and could actually kill them off quicker. But as long as you can get back to normal and get on with your life yeah??

This is amazing.

Do you even know what you're arguing here?

The forum is disproportionately passionate on both sides...not reflective of the consensus IMO.

But on this issue particularly, there are people saying she is selfish with conflating arguments.

Some are saying she is selfish because if she catches it she has a higher % chance of taking a bed (presumably from all the elderly entitled catching it in isolation, and holding the view that they would be selfish for alcohol, tobacco etc treatment) .

Others are saying she is selfish for going out and potentially spreading it (in which case her age is of no relevance really)

I really think people need to wind it back a little bit with this approach of calling people selfish, and demonising a woman for what is , even if you disagree, a reasonable thing to say.

My own view is that I’d be uncomfortable with my Gran going around with that approach. However my Gran (84 and ex heart attack / ongoing problems & smoker) does have that approach and she is allowed to live her life free of care about the judgement of the SMB. During lockdown I didn’t visit her, but I have since & I have had the virus too.

She’s 84 and this period of restrictions is going to be going on for years - there’ll people seeing out their days in complete isolation and fear of catching a virus that is still unlikely to kill them.

Living life outdoors within reason is not a justification for saying someone is selfish , it’s ridiculous especially given some of the reasons others find themselves in ICU - but here we are in the COVID world.

Give her a break!

I see what you are saying. Its just frustrating that I couldnt see my Dad during lockdown while he was still fairly well and able to speak and interact and my over riding memory now is of him in his final days where he couldnt communicate and was in obvious distress. Then you have people who are saying "sod the rules". Not just this lady mind, Im frustrated with everyone who is doing it.

I see what you are saying. Its just frustrating that I couldnt see my Dad during lockdown while he was still fairly well and able to speak and interact and my over riding memory now is of him in his final days where he couldnt communicate and was in obvious distress. Then you have people who are saying "sod the rules". Not just this lady mind, Im frustrated with everyone who is doing it.
So many horror stories like this and yet we are heading fast in to chapter 2 and no one seems to have an answer.

So many horror stories like this and yet we are heading fast in to chapter 2 and no one seems to have an answer.

I cant imagine the government changing their stance on this now, its going to be periodic lockdowns until the virus has gone or under sufficient control where its not going to impact on our lives too much. If they turned around now and just said crack on with your lives and pretend the virus doesnt exist not only would that be a disaster for the NHS but it would be an insult to people who have lost people throughout the pandemic (not just to Covid).

Sadly the people running the show dont seem to have a definitive answer for us getting out of this.

I cant imagine the government changing their stance on this now, its going to be periodic lockdowns until the virus has gone or under sufficient control where its not going to impact on our lives too much. If they turned around now and just said crack on with your lives and pretend the virus doesnt exist not only would that be a disaster for the NHS but it would be an insult to people who have lost people throughout the pandemic (not just to Covid).

Sadly the people running the show dont seem to have a definitive answer for us getting out of this.
What I don't get is forgetting the folk that just want to let it run riot and the implications that brings, how is being stuck in tier 3 for eternity better than shutting down for 6 weeks properly and at least getting a few months of normality better ?
For the people or the economy ? It seems we have just decided to give up.

Bless her, all the lockdowns are doing are killing off the old and not protecting them, it's crazy that most on this forum cannot see it

@Mackem DJ @becs @Lexingtongue you should view this, then explain when I have encouraged vulnerable folk to get ' out and amongst it'
You encouraged @becs to ignore doctors' advice and I among others saw you do this. There's two birds with one stone. However, I don't owe any further explanation to the likes of you.

Back