York

Try AirBNB. Was down two weeks back and got one for 400. Was a six bed for two nights.

£200 will seem reasonable once you collect your wheelbarrow of winnngs from the bookies.

Came back from Palace away a few years ago , 9.00 pm ex Kings Cross , plenty of the scourge of society aka football fans on it , not a hint of bother , in fact all paragons of virtue compared to the drunken radgies who got on at York .

Vile set of human beings with no regard to anyone but themselves.
I got a KX to Newcastle train years ago and a bunch of drunk lads got on at York who’d obviously been racing. One of em was Kevin Beattie ex Ipswich n England. They were no bother except a bit loud and sweaty which Beattie to his credit attempted to tone down.

What weekend is it? York does get busy and expensive on a race weekend, especially to the south west of the city.

Try looking for pubs with rooms, or somewhere to the north side of the city. Bootham, Clifton, Heworth. I would get a taxi to the centre then walk to and from the races. It is not too bad a walk and lovely if you go down the riverside and through Rowntree park. If you get a taxi to and from the racecourse itself, you will pay a fortune to sit in a traffic jam.

I got a KX to Newcastle train years ago and a bunch of drunk lads got on at York who’d obviously been racing. One of em was Kevin Beattie ex Ipswich n England. They were no bother except a bit loud and sweaty which Beattie to his credit attempted to tone down.

Sure he did.

Back