Yoga.

Wife ( no!)does it after having had cancer..swears by it to help her bones..I did it with her as support mainly and its very tough at first.If you stick with it after about six sessions you cant half feel benefit ( core and flexability)..i was one if only two blokes there and instructor says most blokes drop after a week( adding if they called it strength and comditioning it would be full of us!)i had to stop for other commitments ..i do miss the " downward dog!"and its tough (this was vin yase or something like that and was v quick )..not much lying around and meditation(last 5 mins only)..would highly recommend it ..my wife still goes( doing v well) and there were all abilities ..women were better than us blokes i would have to say!
Cheers mate sounds good. I’ve been doing it a few weeks and am feeling the benefits. Had loads of pain in my calves which are fine now. Still got numbness in my left foot but I’m starting to get sensation back and I put that down to doing yoga.

I always thought it was a load of shite. I was doing kickboxing classes and my back was killing me after every class. A doctor told me to try yoga to help with my back and other muscles. After a couple of classes I could feel the benefit.
Aye I always thought it seemed pointless

I've always fancied it but don't want to be the only young lad there with loads of mams and old sweaty men.
I’m looking at one in Central Newcastle now and the photos look like I’d be the only bloke there. They all look fit. I’m joking this!

That’s why I started. I’ve started cycling as I injured myself running and not going back there. Will start going back to the gym soon as well but think I might join a class as well to keep it up.
There's a canny section on here to keep us updated with your progress.
Training Logs

Did a bit at tech college many moons ago.
Only problem I could never fully bend my knees even from my younger days, so the rest of the class was all sitting neatly with their legs crossed and tucked in, in a circle, while I’m sat there with my legs stretched straight out in the middle of them.
Apart from that it was ok.

I can't fit a class in but do you have some good suggestions for youtube anyone?

I'll give it a go

Back pain got me into it about six/seven years ago. Felt benefits after a weekend and never really stopped since. Sometimes only do 10 / 15 minutes but include it in day to day activities as well. Starting to get more into it recently but we'll see. Anyway I started with sarah ivenhoe - YouTube and "acquired" some of her videos. Later I just did the poses I felt helped me. Only ever done it on my own.

Always in danger of a stray fart ruining the class mind. Last time I was like a cruise ship in the fog.

Back