Yo!! SMB Dancers!! What dancing have you done/still do?

Ha'way then let us know of your dancing times/skills over the years and are you any good/really good?
What boogie do you do/have done in your times? Be it just having cool as fuck snake hips on the floor to impress the ladies/men, or whether you have done dancing as a hobby on on a higher level and performing dance? Have you danced to Punk, House, Northern Soul, reggae, pop, hip Hop, Jungle, Skin head music, Rock.n.Roll, Rock, Salsa or whatever style of style music, in clubs bars, festivals, on stage, etc.

At about the age of 10 I started going to a kids disco and become very good at dancing 'The Bop' to Rock.n.Roll. I can do a proper Bop to Elvis and such. :cool:
When I was 13 I took up Break dancing after seen the kid do it on the Lionel Richie 'All Night Long' video. Been doing The Robotic dance and Break Dancing for over 35 years now and still bust moves when the time arises. Danced in a crew and also in a dance group many shows, gigs, charity events, etc.
I also got into Skin head Music and Punk and loved to do 'The Pogo'.
Got into doing a bit Jazz dancing in 1988 because of the Jazz Funk scene. I once went to Tall Trees and took on loads of Asian Jazz dancers who had arrived from Birmingham on a coach, using a mixture of Jazz dancing and Break Dancing. I remember that they turned their noses up at my Break dancing bits, with the being 'Purists' on Jazz dance, but I did not give a fuck. :lol:
Love a good bit of pissed dancing to disco but not cheesy disco, I hate cheesy disco. Love to dance to Northern Soul and Motown too.
Shake'd my snake hips with many birds I was pulling/tried to pull on many a pub/nightclub floor.
I would have loved to have been born in the times when a gadgie asked a girl for an dance and you waltzed arm in arm. cheek to cheek, around the floor to romantic music.
Some of you must be skilled at dancing with a lady. @luvulongtime is!! :cool:

Ha'way then, spill the beans on how you boogie.

In junior school, the Christmas party was formal country dancing. The boys were encouraged to ask a girl to be their partner and we had to do the Dashing White Sergeant and Gay Gordons and stuff like that. We all shuffled about awkwardly going through the steps and not really enjoying it. It was better in the last year of juniors as you were allowed a Christmas disco with top party hits like Agadoo and the Music Man.

In junior school, the Christmas party was formal country dancing. The boys were encouraged to ask a girl to be their partner and we had to do the Dashing White Sergeant and Gay Gordons and stuff like that. We all shuffled about awkwardly going through the steps and not really enjoying it. It was better in the last year of juniors as you were allowed a Christmas disco with top party hits like Agadoo and the Music Man.
I loved doing the Hokey Cokey as a kid in the kids disco. :D
Electronic music events on Gary's.
Amazing times on the dance floor. You have either experienced the buzz or you have not. Dancing non-stop and leaving the club soaked to the skin in sweat was a pleasure to behold!! ;) :cool:

Last edited:
I used to love getting on the dance floor to boogie on down mainly to attract the lasses as part of some weird mating call / dance ritual. Best performances were reserved for 70s disco (still the best for dancing imho). But on reflection I must have looked like some idiot from the young generation ( if you can remember them).
I didn't mind asking a lass for a dance only to be told to fuck off, you win some you lose some.
Occasionally at Uni they organised ... can u believe this...emancipation disco nights, where only the lasses could ask the lads to dance😄😄.I was no wallflower let me tell you. TB no doubt you would have enjoyed that!!

Not pollitically correct but the lads always asked me to do a dance called “the monga”, bit of a crazylegs run allover the shop routine to one more time by daftpunk.

Was fecked by the end of it n invariably nearly got brayed.

Here is the Young Generation, can't say I know the song, but the dance moves look embarrassingly familiar

Last edited:
Bit skanking and lots of northern soul.
Not this formulaic individual line dancing shit they call "northern soul dancing" now though . People have even set up giving divvies lessons:oops::lol:
I would have pissed the dancing competitions they have now . I do like aspects of the shuffle dancing that's been introduced though.

Bit skanking and lots of northern soul.
Not this formulaic individual line dancing shit they call "northern soul dancing" now though . People have even set up giving divvies lessons:oops::lol:
I would have pissed the dancing competitions they have now . I do like aspects of the shuffle dancing that's been introduced though.

giddyup

I’ve got a few moves....do alright...

when I was at school, breakdancing and body popping were king....Used to jump on the floor for kicks, it’d take me two days to get up now...

Back