Yn565ex

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just arrived, feels like a sold piece of kit, not like horrible knock off Chinese stuff.

I've got it on ETTL at the moment, till I work out all of the manual settings.

Very happy so far.

I think the classic water droplets photography will be my first test.

Does anyone know where I can get the external power pack socket's from.. Maplins? As I will just make a small PSU / Transformer for indoor work and save money on batteries.

I just use rechargeable NIMH 2800s batteries in my flash

It just arrived, feels like a sold piece of kit, not like horrible knock off Chinese stuff.

I've got it on ETTL at the moment, till I work out all of the manual settings.

Very happy so far.

I think the classic water droplets photography will be my first test.

Does anyone know where I can get the external power pack socket's from.. Maplins? As I will just make a small PSU / Transformer for indoor work and save money on batteries.

Its def a sold bit of kit :p

I was surprised how good the build quality of my 560II was, I have no expensive flash to compare it with but it doesn't feel cheap or anything. I am also hoping to try the water drop cliche set again this weekend.

What kind of setup are you going for?

I used my kitchen sink with a white bowl last time and only using onboard flash and a fast shutter speed, but this was very limiting for the composition/ angle of the shot not to mention the high iso destroying the quality.

I normally use uniross 2700's but recently bought these and bargains they were. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005255B6Q/ref=ox_sc_
act_title_10?ie=UTF8&m=A3TLXN00XR34MU.

Last edited:
Its def a sold bit of kit :p

I was surprised how good the build quality of my 560II was, I have no expensive flash to compare it with but it doesn't feel cheap or anything. I am also hoping to try the water drop cliche set again this weekend.

What kind of setup are you going for?

I used my kitchen sink with a white bowl last time and only using onboard flash and a fast shutter speed, but this was very limiting for the composition/ angle of the shot not to mention the high iso destroying the quality.

I normally use uniross 2700's but recently bought these and bargains they were. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005255B6Q/ref=ox_sc_
act_title_10?ie=UTF8&m=A3TLXN00XR34MU.

Last time I used 2x 400w Halogen lamps that I got from Wickes for 27 quid each, a cooking tray full of water and manually dropping ribena from my fingers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ziplock9000/

You obviously want a fast setting, 1/200 at least IMHO.. and to get everything in focus, dont have it wide open..

Next time I'm going to use milk with 2 or 3 different types of food colouring and better diffusion. I might use the floodlights and the flashgun.

Another good (and similar) photography experiment is to have coloured droplets fall into a fishtank and photograph from the side. The glass and water has to be really bloody clean. light from the sides and have a black backdrop.

Anyway I'mm off to bed, I'm drunk. FTM and HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back