Yet another mass shooting in America

• Thread starter Deleted member 23273
  • Start date
None taken. Believe me if Trump gets another term, I am soooo moving to Canada.

Given the amount of millennials who have just voted overwhelmingly to kick the republicans out, i think it will be a lot closer next time, hopefully my generation realises, that if we are to fix the planet, it is ourselves that will have to lead the way, and and forget waiting for boomers to do it for us, as in global warming and climate change that sort of thing, trump is just one of many older political people who don't care, as they will be dead by the time, it goes past the point of no return.

Canada is the best country in the world everyone knows that.

In the future, do you see the 2nd Amendment being changed, given a lot of young people have been affected by gun violence ?
Here's the rub. The stronghold mentality of the 2nd Amendment gets passed down. Generation after generation gets told that if we give up the 2nd Amendment it will mean that any and all Amendments are up to suffer the same fate, so where will our country be? Forget that the amendment is archaic and ludicrous and no longer makes any kind of sense in this day and age. That's not important. What it's important is that it is an amendment that was placed into our Constitution by our forefathers so we better defend the fuck out of it for the protection of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. If that means, that young people get killed along the way, well, that's the price to pay for our FREEDOM.

yeah, I know. Nonsensical bullshit, but sadly accurate as fuck with regards to the mentality of those in this country that stand firm and proud of their precious 2nd Amendment.

So, no, I don't expect anything will ever happen with regards to the repeal and revocation of the 2nd Amendment ever. I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

There's this thing called snow and another thing called frost: have you ever met them, my Californian friend?
I take it snowboarding in Big Bear doesn't count?

Here's the rub. The stronghold mentality of the 2nd Amendment gets passed down. Generation after generation gets told that if we give up the 2nd Amendment it will mean that any and all Amendments are up to suffer the same fate, so where will our country be? Forget that the amendment is archaic and ludicrous and no longer makes any kind of sense in this day and age. That's not important. What it's important is that it is an amendment that was placed into our Constitution by our forefathers so we better defend the fuck out of it for the protection of Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. If that means, that young people get killed along the way, well, that's the price to pay for our FREEDOM.

yeah, I know. Nonsensical bullshit, but sadly accurate as fuck with regards to the mentality of those in this country that stand firm and proud of their precious 2nd Amendment.

So, no, I don't expect anything will ever happen with regards to the repeal and revocation of the 2nd Amendment ever. I've never wanted to be more wrong in my life.

I take it snowboarding in Big Bear doesn't count?

What's possible, as in gun regulation laws, background checks etc ? what could work for now

Make bullets cost 500 dollars. There's no chance of taking away their guns, like. It would be like trying to ban tea in the UK, or snootiness in France

Interesting idea, you also raise the price of guns, and accessory's that go with the guns, only allow special gun only shops to sell them, ban them from the internet sale etc

Fantastic post.

Treat them like cars.

Every gun has to have a serial number on it, with the forensics guys being given a sample fired bullet as frequently as cars need to have an MOT.
I like that idea, but the bad guys just won’t have theirs tested.

Treat them like cars.

Every gun has to have a serial number on it, with the forensics guys being given a sample fired bullet as frequently as cars need to have an MOT.
The technology is there for hand print recognition too. Like with seatbelts, only a law change would make manufacturers make their product more expensive to produce. I like your thinking mind.

I'm confused as to why you don't have to get a licence and pass a test on gun safety. Maybe the equivalent of a v5 might help as well.

Last edited:
What's possible, as in gun regulation laws, background checks etc ? what could work for now
Honestly, I don't know. It just seems that no matter what gets put in place, someone will find a loophole. That's the challenge. We're trying to regulate something that, in my opinion, shouldn't exist any more.

Treat them like cars.

This is actually a great idea.

Treat them like cars.

you simply run a rat tail file down the barrel of your gun after you've shot someone,the next bullet fired won't have the same lands and grooves of the fatal bullet, however you must dispose of the file with the fillings from the barrel as they would be a match to your gun, i saw this on CSI Miami btw

The technology is there for hand print recognition too. Like with seatbelts, only a law change would make manufacturers make their product more expensive to produce. I like your thinking mind.

I'm confused as to why you don't have to get a licence and pass a test on gun safety. Maybe the equivalent of a v5 might help as well.

@The Lonious Monk, this is my favourite idea, without the owner, the gun can't be fired.

Yeah cos every mass shooting nutter expects to get out without being caught...
Good point. Most of them go in there with the intent of ending their life in the process.

This is what I'm talking about. There's always going to be loopholes. The answer is not coming up with more regulations, the answer is just to abolish the 2nd Amendment altogether. But that will never happen. So life here in America will always be this. A newsflash about yet another shooting. And mighty NRA will just say that if everyone had guns this wouldn't happen:rolleyes::oops:

Yeah cos every mass shooting nutter expects to get out without being caught...
Small steps. If said nutter bought the gun at a gun fair to get around existing restrictions then whomever sold him the gun would be fucked for not informing the DVLA equivalent of the change of ownership.

you simply run a rat tail file down the barrel of your gun after you've shot someone,the next bullet fired won't have the same lands and grooves of the fatal bullet, however you must dispose of the file with the fillings from the barrel as they would be a match to your gun, i saw this on CSI Miami btw
Small steps like I said. No single measure will cure the problem but each step helps.

After all, forcing car manufactures to make cars more pedestrian friendly won't stop all road deaths will it, but still we do it cos it helps.

Last edited:
@The Lonious Monk, this is my favourite idea, without the owner, the gun can't be fired.
It is a great idea, I agree. But our scope of influence on US law makers compared to the NRA might be slightly less than what they command;)

Sorry, I don't mean to sound negative. It's just the truth of the state of affairs here in the United States and why we will forever have mass shootings that everyone will be outraged about but that not damn thing will ever be done about it. Not ever. The mentality here with regards to this issue is just fucked up beyond reason and doesn't even pass the common sense test, but it is strong, prevalent, and unyielding.

It is a great idea, I agree. But our scope of influence on US law makers compared to the NRA might be slightly less than what they command;)

Sorry, I don't mean to sound negative. It's just the truth of the state of affairs here in the United States and why we will forever have mass shootings that everyone will be outraged about but that not damn thing will ever be done about it. Not ever. The mentality here with regards to this issue is just fucked up beyond reason and doesn't even pass the common sense test, but it is strong, prevalent, and unyielding.

Until it changes, everything does eventually, of course i realise what would actually quicken that up a whole lot, is if one of the senior members of the NRAs Children were gunned down.

Back