Yeovil game abandoned

The USA is famed for racial equality iirc
Far from it over here.
My confusion is with the fans sat next to these clowns. Why are they not pointed out? Where’s the stewards? I’ve seen poor behavior at sporting events here but I’ve never witnessed it where the surrounding people just sat on their hands.
Yes I’ve been a dick in public. It’s the instant calling out that causes one to reflect on their dickishness. If I’m a public shithouse and no one calls me on it I’m going home thinking it’s ok to act that way.

What about 95% of the fans who are normal? Just ban the individuals from going to games.
Calling the games off will most likely make it so that the "good" fans start calling out the bad ones as it happens.

If I've paid money to go travel and watch a game and it's just about to be called off due to someone acting up, I'd prefer to either tell them to shut up or get a steward to eject them and then the game won't be cancelled. If I do nothing then I'm letting the game be cancelled and can't complain

Calling the games off will most likely make it so that the "good" fans start calling out the bad ones as it happens.

If I've paid money to go travel and watch a game and it's just about to be called off due to someone acting up, I'd prefer to either tell them to shut up or get a steward to eject them and then the game won't be cancelled. If I do nothing then I'm letting the game be cancelled and can't complain

I'm responding to somebody saying "huge fines for clubs and play a whole season behind closed doors".

I don't really disagree with what you say but I think that will probably up the violence as well.

Far from it over here.
My confusion is with the fans sat next to these clowns. Why are they not pointed out? Where’s the stewards? I’ve seen poor behavior at sporting events here but I’ve never witnessed it where the surrounding people just sat on their hands.
Yes I’ve been a dick in public. It’s the instant calling out that causes one to reflect on their dickishness. If I’m a public shithouse and no one calls me on it I’m going home thinking it’s ok to act that way.

Reading a few posts from Yeovil fans who were actually there and they admit a bottle was thrown towards the goalkeeper but nothing was said to him racist or otherwise thats maybe why they weren't pointed out.

They're saying they walked off because they were losing and Haringay have done it before against Hitchin in 2018 and were found out.

See what transpires.

I guess if something was said the person would have been pointed out fairly quickly ..

Reading a few posts from Yeovil fans who were actually there and they admit a bottle was thrown towards the goalkeeper but nothing was said to him racist or otherwise thats maybe why they weren't pointed out.

They're saying they walked off because they were losing and Haringay have done it before against Hitchin in 2018 and were found out.

See what transpires.

I guess if something was said the person would have been pointed out fairly quickly ..
That’s the only way to stop it. Hold a mirror up to this behavior. I speak from times long ago when I was a less than stellar citizen. Not a law breaker but just generally being a dick. I look back and think of the people I may have hurt for no reason other the ignorance. This is my personal soapbox and I don’t have room on it for others . In no way do I want to sound like a preacher. But this alleged behavior reflects onto everyone.

Far from it over here.
You have a point.

Good, hopefully next time the racist pricks mates give him a quick dig in the ribs and tell him to shut his small-minded pie hole.

Nothing will ever change until racists are ostracised from society.

What if his mates are also racist. Why should it be left to a member of the public to get involved in a confrontation?

The stewards and police should just do their jobs.

Good, hopefully next time the racist pricks mates give him a quick dig in the ribs and tell him to shut his small-minded pie hole.

Nothing will ever change until racists are ostracised from society.
It does nee good tut tutting about it anymore like a lot still do. That time has long passed. We need to challenge it whenever we encounter it.
It’s not some fucker else’s job, it’s everyones.

What if his mates are also racist. Why should it be left to a member of the public to get involved in a confrontation?

The stewards and police should just do their jobs.
It should be challenged by absolutely everyone, it shouldn't be left to those in ''power' to something.
It does nee good tut tutting about it anymore like a lot still do. That time has long passed. We need to challenge it whenever we encounter it.
It’s not some fucker else’s job, it’s everyones.
This is spot on. It's absolutely mind boggling that in this day and age people can still hate people based on genetic differences. Mags aside of course.

It should be challenged by absolutely everyone, it shouldn't be left to those in ''power' to something.

This is spot on. It's absolutely mind boggling that in this day and age people can still hate people based on genetic differences. Mags aside of course.

Challenge them by telling the stewards or police that's their job and what they are there for. Not maybe somebody with his kid challenging a bunch of pissed up hooligans.

Challenge them by telling the stewards or police that's their job and what they are there for. Not maybe somebody with his kid challenging a bunch of pissed up hooligans.
Of course, common sense should be used and circumstances should be taken into consideration. I wouldn't expect anyone to expose children to danger. Taking that into account as I posted previously we have to take some responsibility ourselves. This kind of shit needs to stop and we can't rely on other people regardless of position to do it for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we need to some how get shot of it but this walking off the pitch malarkey is just ridiculous. Can’t ever remember a team feeling the need to walk off when Kitson (at Reading)used to get abused for being GINGER!

You can’t just do it solely for blacks, or else surely thats being racist. It opening a right can of f***ing worms this shite.

Yes, players confronting racism proactively is a real retrograde step .....

I'd be fine for any team to walk off if one or a few of the players were subjected to any continued discriminatory abuse, whether it's based on skin, faith, hair colour, whatever.

Yes we need to some how get shot of it but this walking off the pitch malarkey is just ridiculous. Can’t ever remember a team feeling the need to walk off when Kitson (at Reading)used to get abused for being GINGER!

You can’t just do it solely for blacks, or else surely thats being racist. It opening a right can of f***ing worms this shite.
Jesus. f***ing. Christ.

Back