Year End Reviews / Appraisals

Middle management bullshit. The only advantage for the common man is that having had decent appraisals year on year they can't suddenly say you're a crap employee without condemning themselves for not noticing that you're struggling.

I was happily going through the motions of my daily job, until I got my appraisal, where they produced a 3 page document of my job duties, which I apparently signed 3 years ago and have never looked at since. 90% of it was written in management gobbledegook that I didn’t understand, and consequently hadn’t been working to. Needless to say I got a less than glowing report :lol:

The problem is that most of the “new” duties would require overtime, which I don’t get paid for and hence won’t do. Fuck that.

Last edited:
You'd struggle to review a fart IMHO.

What a quality putdown.

I was happily going through the motions of my daily job, until I got my appraisal, where they produced a 3 page document of my job duties, which I apparently signed 3 years ago and have never looked at since. 90% of it was written in management gobbledegook that I didn’t understand, and consequently hadn’t been working to. Needless to say I got a less than glowing report :lol:

The problem is that most of the “new” duties would require overtime, which I don’t get paid for and hence won’t do. Fuck that.

Was there any mention of your timekeeping?

Is there a bigger waste of peoples time in the office than doing this.

The peer to Peer 360 etc.

kills me every year having to go through the motions on them.

never mind midyear
Absolute load of shite and a waste of time.

Glad I'm a contractor now and don't have to do them.

We have quarterly catch ups at my work ffs. Then at the end of the year there's a convoluted process, all aimed to give you a grade out of 5 which is absolutely meaningless, and doesn't effect pay in any way.

Back