YB40 - Lancs v Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steak Pie

Striker
Bank Holiday Monday you say? Sun is shining you say? Durham are playing round the corner you say? Super.

Same squad as the Essex match yesterday.

Bank Holiday Monday you say? Sun is shining you say? Durham are playing round the corner you say? Super.

Same squad as the Essex match yesterday.

Didn't do any work yesterday because you could do it on Monday instead? Balls

On the plus side, whenever I've watched us at Old Trafford we've been hammered

Benks spoke in his pre match interview about how they've changed the tactics for this seasons 40 over games, watching yesterday's game I think we got the tactics back to front. Asking Mustard and Rocky to try and occupy the crease for longer rather than the attacking start they're capable of didn't work, and neither did asking our opening bowlers to attack the stumps right from the start hoping to knock a couple of their batsmen over quick.

Our opening bats are better when they attack and our bowlers are better when they bowl to keep it tight and let the batsmen make the mistakes.

Here's hoping its a better afternoon at Old Trafford.

Glorious day for it, looks like a pacey track, lancs off to a flyer.

Nice sharp stumping gets prince.

Spin at the pavilion end and rotating the seamers at the other has turned it round. Dangerman katich gone cheap, durham on top.

Looks like it, coming on nicely. Borthwick the weak link in the bowling, too many fulltosses, lanvs a bit lucky with some just dropping safe. One horror missed run out.

Another horror run out, got him this time.

216 -9 to chase. might have been a few less after a couple of fielding howlers but i still think its short.

Just need to calm down a bit, play proper shots.

Parry bowling beaut for them but still ticking over. Pacemen wont be bowling much....

Stumbling over the line but never really in doubt.

what was pringle like as a bowler?

Not much to go on, but looked rank. Although I thought it was a mistake to bring him on when we did (at the comm box end, or whatever it is now the square has been turned) as we had them by the throat at the time.

Breese turned the game, him and Stokes were excellent in tandem and reigned it in after a rank start. Colly also excellent after we started to get cockey and wobbled in reply. Mustard a superb knock.

Not much to go on, but looked rank. Although I thought it was a mistake to bring him on when we did (at the comm box end, or whatever it is now the square has been turned) as we had them by the throat at the time.

Breese turned the game, him and Stokes were excellent in tandem and reigned it in after a rank start. Colly also excellent after we started to get cockey and wobbled in reply. Mustard a superb knock.

:eek:

obviously i can only go by numbers and thats the beauty of the game, that i might look at it and think 3 overs bowled, 1-14, must have been decent:lol:

really surprised to see him bat 3 though, i thought he was just a bowler rather than all rounder, let alone top order :?:

:eek:

obviously i can only go by numbers and thats the beauty of the game, that i might look at it and think 3 overs bowled, 1-14, must have been decent:lol:

really surprised to see him bat 3 though, i thought he was just a bowler rather than all rounder, let alone top order :?:

Only ever bowled at new batsmen and was bowling near medium pace rather than spin. Was being knocked into the gaps for easy singles and relieved a lot of the pressure we'd built up.

Him and Borthwick were below par, Scotty must have bowled at least 6-7 full tosses.

Good win yesterday, especially as Lancashire's openers looked like they were going to put the game out of sight from the start.

Shame The Colonel couldn't get his century.

Breese playing really well since coming back, carryiny on the form from the second 11.

Good to see

Breese playing really well since coming back, carryiny on the form from the second 11.

Good to see

Breese injured himself in the Lancs game, I hope it's not bad, he's done well lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back