Yates in the town.

Blueberries
Now that was a great bar
Always found Yates's ok the 1 time a year i went in on a Xmas pub crawl .
Decent staff etc
Not my type of bar but ok

Remember when the William Jameson opened, think it was early '98. Seemed decent at the time, cheap and clean. Then Yates' wine lodge opened for a bit of rivalry. Again, seemed ok at the time. Nice additions to have a beer in when meeting mates pre mobile phones. Onwards to Vestry, Pilgrim, get some 2-4-1 tickets for Gossips (downstairs Chambers) from outside Boulevard (had to be in before 10.30pm so used to go into Gossips around 10.25pm and get about 8 cans to last the night). Jameson area went downhill around the millenia. Shame really. No need or want to drink in that region.

Remember when the William Jameson opened, think it was early '98. Seemed decent at the time, cheap and clean. Then Yates' wine lodge opened for a bit of rivalry. Again, seemed ok at the time. Nice additions to have a beer in when meeting mates pre mobile phones. Onwards to Vestry, Pilgrim, get some 2-4-1 tickets for Gossips (downstairs Chambers) from outside Boulevard (had to be in before 10.30pm so used to go into Gossips around 10.25pm and get about 8 cans to last the night). Jameson area went downhill around the millenia. Shame really. No need or want to drink in that region.
Jameson's was open in at least '97, and from what I can remember almost instantly attracted the pissheads that used to get in the jacobean club and hang around the museum. Used to go in after work,only cos I worked in fawcett street. 99 pence for a bottle of Heineken, used to roll in with a tenner on a friday and roll out pissed. Oh to be 20 something again.

Back