Yann M’Vila

He was great for us but not worth the ‘world class’ tag. It shows how starved we’ve been of genuine quality players when I suspect fans of other established premier league clubs would merely class them as good or competent top flight players.

What is it with the club tweeting all about him today? Are they taking the piss? Remember the time we could have bought a genuinely good player who loved playing for us but we didn’t and let some Scottish twat spend twice as much on an absolute donkey instead...different manager, different owner but that still sits with the club as another shit decision and they are milking it?
Twice?

He had some average games. Especially in the first half of the season. Remember him giving a stupid penalty away to cost us a game (Southampton I think). If he was as good as people make out, he would be playing for a top team.
He was very highly rated as a youngster and fell out of favour with the French national side because he was bat shit crazy, chasing people with axes etc. I remember him being very good at the simple things.

He was very highly rated as a youngster and fell out of favour with the French national side because he was bat shit crazy, chasing people with axes etc. I remember him being very good at the simple things.

He was. It’s an indication of the absolute garbage we’ve had that we almost worship a player who was very good at the simple things for half a season.

Just checked and they've tweeted about him twice because he signed for us on this day. Does this constitute to tweeting about him all day now? :lol:

Class player for us and I wish he'd signed at the time, however some are rewriting history on here. It was clear that the main sticking point was his salary, he was being paid big wages at the time and due to ffp, we simply could not afford him regardless of how little the transfer fee would have been. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I believe they ended up signing Ndong because his wages were a hell of a lot less than what we would have had to pay M'Vila, which was out of the question unfortunately.
Pretty sure I didn’t say tweeting about him all day? I said tweeting all about him today. Didn’t realise it was anniversary of us loaning him and then failing to buy him which stuck in many fans throats especially after all the shit that has revolved through the doors since.

As I say just a bit weird knowing the situation that they would mention it let alone milk it.

What is it with the club tweeting all about him today? Are they taking the piss? Remember the time we could have bought a genuinely good player who loved playing for us but we didn’t and let some Scottish twat spend twice as much on an absolute donkey instead...different manager, different owner but that still sits with the club as another shit decision and they are milking it?
they are highlighting the good times...

Back