Yann M’Vila

Travis

Striker
What is it with the club tweeting all about him today? Are they taking the piss? Remember the time we could have bought a genuinely good player who loved playing for us but we didn’t and let some Scottish twat spend twice as much on an absolute donkey instead...different manager, different owner but that still sits with the club as another shit decision and they are milking it?

What is it with the club tweeting all about him today? Are they taking the piss? Remember the time we could have bought a genuinely good player who loved playing for us but we didn’t and let some Scottish twat spend twice as much on an absolute donkey instead...different manager, different owner but that still sits with the club as another shit decision and they are milking it?

What happened?

Just checked and they've tweeted about him twice because he signed for us on this day. Does this constitute to tweeting about him all day now? :lol:

Class player for us and I wish he'd signed at the time, however some are rewriting history on here. It was clear that the main sticking point was his salary, he was being paid big wages at the time and due to ffp, we simply could not afford him regardless of how little the transfer fee would have been. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I believe they ended up signing Ndong because his wages were a hell of a lot less than what we would have had to pay M'Vila, which was out of the question unfortunately.

Was terrible that the club didn’t sign him and replaced with Ndong.

However he was nowhere near as good as people make out. I’ve heard Sunderland fans refer to him as ‘world class’.
He hardly put a foot wrong especially when playing his preferred holding role. I'm sure he holds the record for the most completed passes in a match for a French international. He was canny good.

He hardly put a foot wrong especially when playing his preferred holding role. I'm sure he holds the record for the most completed passes in a match for a French international. He was canny good.

He had some average games. Especially in the first half of the season. Remember him giving a stupid penalty away to cost us a game (Southampton I think). If he was as good as people make out, he would be playing for a top team.

Back