Yakuza

Tell you what, mind, no matter how much I try to understand, I will never ever understand Mahjong. What a f***ing convoluted game that is :lol:

same here. I've had a fair few goes of shogi on Like a Dragon and basically understand the rules. I've still not won a single game against the easiest opponent though.

I won at shogi today, one of my greatest life achievements.

Seriously though I think this is the best yakuza game all round so far (up to chapter 10 and nearly 50 hours in). Not the best story or out but at a good level but everything else fits nicely. Side stuff and progression makes a whole lot of sense the way they've done it this time. Lots of reason to participate in things outside of the main campaign whereas in some of the older games it seemed a bit pointless or a chore at times. It's even more rpg than it ever seemed.

Just got the platinum on Like a Dragon. Game was an absolute breeze until the true Millennium Tower :lol:

Fantastic game mind. 9 and a bit out of 10.

I think I only lost a fight a couple times until around chapter 12 (mostly going to China Town too early. Then at one of the major story bits I so under levelled I had to go to Sotenbori to level up as I had no chance.

That shouldn't spoil anything for people who want to play the game.

Onn chapter 13 now and coming towards the end it seems. Great game.

I've just finished Kiwami yesterday. Loved the story. Started Kiwami 2 tonight. Looks really good. Didn't realise it was on a different engine to Kiwami. Its going to make going to the remastered collection really bad. :lol:

I've just finished Kiwami yesterday. Loved the story. Started Kiwami 2 tonight. Looks really good. Didn't realise it was on a different engine to Kiwami. Its going to make going to the remastered collection really bad. :lol:
Kiwami 2 was 2nd on the new engine after 6. It's way better going into shops/buildings etc without the loading.

Finished Like a Dragon last week. Great game all the way through. Does side stuff better than all the other games and the combat works really well in the new format. Story was decent enough for the series but doesn't hit the heights of Zero, Kiwami 2 and 6.

Kiwami 2 was 2nd on the new engine after 6. It's way better going into shops/buildings etc without the loading.

Finished Like a Dragon last week. Great game all the way through. Does side stuff better than all the other games and the combat works really well in the new format. Story was decent enough for the series but doesn't hit the heights of Zero, Kiwami 2 and 6.
Finished the first 3 chapters of Kiwami 2 and its class so far. The new engine is a massive improvement. Dreading playing 3 now. :lol:

Finished the first 3 chapters of Kiwami 2 and its class so far. The new engine is a massive improvement. Dreading playing 3 now. :lol:
it's a shock to the system as it's going backwards. Playing the original 1 & 2 thorough 6 then playing Kiwami 1 and 2 after would be ok I'd imagine. Still though you'll want to continue Kiryu's story.

Played through the first couple chapters of Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise (people who make Yakuza) over the last day or two and decent so far. It's basically traditional Yakuza style fighting but with even more over the top moves and gore in a Mad Max setting. Chapter 3 seems to be opening up after the linear start. I wondering if there will be a load of mad side quests as in the Yakuza series. The main character is the voice actor of Kiryu so that's canny after playing a new person in Like a Dragon.

Played through the first couple chapters of Fist of the North Star : Lost Paradise (people who make Yakuza) over the last day or two and decent so far. It's basically traditional Yakuza style fighting but with even more over the top moves and gore in a Mad Max setting. Chapter 3 seems to be opening up after the linear start. I wondering if there will be a load of mad side quests as in the Yakuza series. The main character is the voice actor of Kiryu so that's canny after playing a new person in Like a Dragon.
I'm playing Kiwami 2 still and after about chapter 5 I think I've unlocked the Majima saga. Should I do that now or after finishing the main game?

I'm playing Kiwami 2 still and after about chapter 5 I think I've unlocked the Majima saga. Should I do that now or after finishing the main game?
It's separate to the main game so can be played whenever. There are 3 chapters which open up over the course of the main game. I played them all at once after I'd finished the main campaign I think.

Just finished Yakuza 3. Story quality again and it wasn't as bad as I expected going back to the old game engine. Will have a couple of weeks break then get stuck into 4.
they are just slower and clunky compared to the new ones. Story is good on them all to some degree. maybe I done a good job hyping it down for ya!

they are just slower and clunky compared to the new ones. Story is good on them all to some degree. maybe I done a good job hyping it down for ya!
I think having a bit of a break after Kiwami 2 before playing 3 helped. I did most of the sub stories but avoided the minigames altogether. Will do the same on 4 and 5 I reckon.

Back