Yakuza

Just to update from my OP, I never ended up finishing it even though I was enjoying it, no idea why.

Might give them another try, got like a dragon and 0 there to play

Just to update from my OP, I never ended up finishing it even though I was enjoying it, no idea why.

Might give them another try, got like a dragon and 0 there to play
0 is absolutely class. I'm waiting until I've finished the others before moving onto Like a dragon.

After a break from these games I'm gona start get back into Judgement. Looking at my save file I only ever played 3 hours of it. Think I must have been Yakuza burned out at the time. Get me back to Kamurocho

0 is absolutely class. I'm waiting until I've finished the others before moving onto Like a dragon.
Best way imo. There are some nice call backs you'll get if you've played the main serious, i.e. references and side characters tuning up. It's a really good game as well and the new characters are class.
Best way imo. There are some nice call backs you'll get if you've played the main serious, i.e. references and side characters tuning up. It's a really good game as well and the new characters are class.
the main series
Judgement is carrying on the traditional brawling style of the Kiryu games. Still lamping people all over and doing weird side cases (side stories). It's on the new Dragon Engine so all the home comforts of the Yakuza 6. Your movement is more fluid around the world with the main characters ability to jump over stuff. 8 hours in and just got onto the 2nd chapter. It's going to be a long one. The side stuff they've added up to this point just expands the city (makes it denser) as they do each game.

Only fault is I bought Lost Judgement which was on sale on PSN and the DLC expansions appeared as free until I bought the game, then it went up to £25. If I knew I'd have paid 5 quid extra and just bought the ultimate edition or whatever it was called.

Last edited:

the main series
Judgement is carrying on the traditional brawling style of the Kiryu games. Still lamping people all over and doing weird side cases (side stories). It's on the new Dragon Engine so all the home comforts of the Yakuza 6. Your movement is more fluid around the world with the main characters ability to jump over stuff. 8 hours in and just got onto the 2nd chapter. It's going to be a long one. The side stuff they've added up to this point just expands the city (makes it denser) as they do each game.

Only fault is I bought Lost Judgement which was on sale on PSN and the DLC expansions appeared as free until I bought the game, then it went up to £25. If I knew I'd have paid 5 quid extra and just bought the ultimate edition or whatever it was called.
I'll play them eventually.

the main series

Yakuza 5 seems to have aged really badly looks and mechanics wise. I'm guessing they didn't touch if when doing the remaster collection.

So much for plowing on. Been playing for about 10 hours and all I've done so far is the taxi and racing side missions. :lol: Love how each game offers something a bit different.
Think I only ever done the 1st one of the taxi missions. Never really hammered much of the side stuff outside of the Hostess game and a couple of the new mini games in Like A Dragon. I tend to focus on side stories and main story.

Back