Y’all not gonna believe where the clueless one might end up....

I was pointing out how stupid the acronym was, you seem to have vigorously defended it. You're quite worked up, calm down sonna
I was pointing out how commonplace the acronym was, you seem to have vigorously criticised it. Not my fault commonplace acronyms get you emotional.

I was pointing out how commonplace the acronym was, you seem to have vigorously criticised it. Not my fault commonplace acronyms get you emotional.
I dont think it is particularly commonplace in England. Apparently you'd immediately assume it was the women's team if it wasn't used though so if it helps out the less fortunate like yourself I'm all for it I suppose.

(Immediately responded to with a post full of smilies)

Can I be the first to ask what the fuck USMNT is?

Why use f***ing acronyms like that man?
Septics love them marra.

They don't like to be slapped IIRC :lol:
Hope solo would rip his fyass off.

Could just type US manager. Instantly people would understand
Doubt it marra, the USA is a huge country and footy is not that popular, most folk would probably say USA manager of what?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pal of mine in the USA just messaged me in a panic hahaha , Moyes is being considered for "Team USA " managers position .:D:D:D

nice, he will probably try to convince Landon Donovan out of retirement so he can get back to his true dream of rebuilding his old Everton squad and also go back to not picking gooch

He will be an abject failure there. or anywhere else for that matter.

Apart from an initial burst at Wist 'Em he has been terrible for years, including , according to an Evertonian relative of mine, the last couple of years at Everton.

He is lazy, complacent, arrogant and out of time.

Another multi millionaire headed for the scrapheap, ( and no doubt to a job lecturing currently successful managers from a TV studio) after a litany of failure behind him.

A very good symptom of football's incestous approach to hiring managers.

is like.
Sunday Night's Game Was The Most Watched Soccer Match In U.S. History

the USWNT also generates more money for the USSF (United States Soccer Federation) than the USMNT.

A final in North America during primetime on a Sunday night should do well like.

If the men's team was anywhere near as good as the women's team and they secured a world cup final match in North America during primetime on a Sunday evening, you'd have a good comparable. It would also have more viewership.

As for the revenue generation, the women's team is better, wins more games and wins world cups, etc. and deservedly get big payouts.

Neither of the above equates to a popularity figure...

That said, the men crashing out of world cup qualification did themselves no favours...

Last edited:
It is, actually.

can't wait for you to be called a liar too. :lol: not like you're in a position to comment on what goes on in USA.

I think I made a fairly reasoned argument as to why it's not true.

That said, back to the original topic of the thread... The rumour of Moyes to US is shite.

None of the US media or punditry are picking up on this as a legitimate rumour.

It's either completely fabricated or, more than likely, a feelers source (like Moyes agent) peddling this out to see if he can generate some interest... Prolly the latter, as this quote from the Times states no source from the US Federation but someone from Moyes camp saying he "has interest" in the job. :lol:

“It is understood that United States Soccer Federation officials have been alerted that the former Everton, Manchester United and West Ham manager would be interested in becoming the permanent replacement for Bruce Arena. Former Chicago Fire coach David Sarachan was put in interim charge after Arena was fired last October for failing to qualify for the World Cup in Russia. Moyes, 55, increased his stock last season in a short-term deal with West Ham when he led them to safety, finishing in 13th place in the Premier League.”

Last edited:

Back