Xmas party

Exactly. If your works do was cancelled by the management, someone would just suggest that you all go out regardless. I think these lads have enough money in their pockets to forego a few free rounds from the club.

there is an sense that nobody in copntrol of anything.
Parkinson looked lost/doomed/unwanted... he's struggled to get anything out of an underperforming sqaud, the clubs leadership looks either in hiding or worse disarray. and now more than ever we look a complete debacle

Why should parkinson or the board have to stop it?

Surely if the players gave a singular fuck it would be nipped by them?

To organise a piss up with the club in such a state and results being what they are they must apply some sense to it. Im sure people will justify it after all its only a burger like its only a 12 hour drinking session. Symptomatic of the mentality from the players and the usual ubers.

What they could do: Hold a party at a homeless shelter inviting along people going through really tough times. Pay for a load of food and drink out of their own pockets and make sure the whole squad attends showing unity and some community spirt. But not get too pissed themselves and leave a generous donation to Shelter afterwards?

What they will do: Hold a massive piss up for just themselves making sure they stick to their own cliques showing disunity and division........then McDonalds on the way home clearly ;)

A christmas party might be a good idea if there are splits in the dressing, cancelling it as others have mentioned could have the opposite effect. Wonder if they all have the fancy dress costumes sorted.

I'd be amazed if the players want to hang out together. It looks pretty clear there are cliques all through the team.

Considering that they play like a bunch of strangers every week, I doubt they'd be fussed on a Christmas party anyways.....probably leave early in their own little groups.

So if you're shit at your job you shouldn't have a Xmas party, is that what you're asking?

Yes, If you're a salesman and you are way off your sales targets should you be rewarded?

If it's a company wide Christmas party, then no.. but I bet this is players only. Should not be allowed given recent form of 3 years!

This board is a joke now. People can't get it into their thick skulls that the players just aren't good enough. The team is weakened massively since this time last year.
Cancelling a xmas party won't improve their ability.

Last edited:
This board is a joke now. People can't get it into their thick skulls that the players just aren't good enough. The team is weakened massively since this time last year.
Canceling a xmas party won't improve their ability.

Aside from Maja going, is it really that much weaker that the one with automatic promotion in their hands with 5 games to go?
Cattermole yes but Oviedo was in and out of the team, especially towards the end of the season.

Look at the teams and players in this league. There is no way this set of players should be 11th in it.

Back