Xmas party

More on the lines of if you are 11th in league 1,couldnt win a raffle and blowing out your arse after 20 minutes should you go out on the piss.
It's probably going out on the piss that has them blowing out of their arses after 20 minutes. To be honest I'm that pisssed of with the whole sorry state that I'm beginning to not give a shit any more.

Given the current situation do you think they will have the neck to have one this year?

Would morale and productivity in your work place improve or reduce if the bosses cancelled your christmas party?

I spent most of this weekend traveling down and back up from Gillingham and only got back a few hours ago. I have witnessed the vast majority of Parkinson's games thus far in person since he got his contract and have been mortified by the complete lack of any sort of plan and the fact most of the players look utterly dejected and borderline depressed.

Cancelling their christmas party is not the answer. Cancelling something else may be.
It's probably going out on the piss that has them blowing out of their arses after 20 minutes. To be honest I'm that pisssed of with the whole sorry state that I'm beginning to not give a shit any more.

There were a few around me just laughing when Gillingham scored yesterday. Not that any of us wanted us to lose but its a just a sort of gallows humour reaction. We could see it coming all afternoon. The hard core away fans at games like that are a different group to the ones we had at Bolton and Lincoln for e.g. which are far more accessible for many and with bigger allocations. We are talking about the ones who do 95% of the away games regardless and many are long in the tooth and have seen most things before. Most of us know each by face if not by name. You look around and recognise 50% of them most games if not more and bump into people in every pre match pub that you know and these are not the type to get on the teams back. To see some of those fans turn on the team or just turn their backs on them at the end and walk out which is what we did, tells me something is seriously wrong.

We are in a very dark place as a club and I don't think we the fans can do anything about it.

Last edited:
Would morale and productivity in your work place improve or reduce if the bosses cancelled your christmas party?

I spent most of this weekend traveling down and back up from Gillingham and only got back a few hours ago. I have witnessed the vast majority of Parkinson's games thus far in person since he got his contract and have been mortified by the complete lack of any sort of plan and the fact most of the players look utterly dejected and borderline depressed.

Cancelling their christmas party is not the answer. Cancelling something else may be.

There were a few around me just laughing when Gillingham scored yesterday. Not that any of us wanted us to lose but its a just a sort of gallows humour reaction. We could see it coming all afternoon. The hard core away fans at games like that are a different group to the ones we had at Bolton and Lincoln for e.g. which are far more accessible for many and with bigger allocations. We are talking about the ones who do 95% of the away games regardless and many are long in the tooth and have seen most things before. Most of us know each by face if not by name. You look around and recognise 50% of them most games if not more and bump into people in every pre match pub that you know and these are not the type to get on the teams back. To see some of those fans turn on the team or just turn their backs on them at the end and walk out which is what we did, tells me something is seriously wrong.

We are in a very dark place as a club and I don't think we the fans can do anything about it.
I do very few away games now, Doncaster will be it for me this season. For fans like yourself it must be heartbreaking. The possible future of the club is deeply worrying to be honest.

Its at Mcdonalds farra this wed
Ronald Mcdonald will be kicking balloons about ,(we may sign him depending if he's on a '0'hour contract so we can afford his buy out clause)

Given the current situation do you think they will have the neck to have one this year?

didn‘t reach our targets this year (just short) and ours hasn’t been cancelled. Having said that we were close to targets set by realistic owners and we have managers who use the skill set of our employees in a way that generally gets results.

some people need to get a life of their own, this obsession with things which are just normal day to living is ridiculous be it judging people by xmas parties or salmon pants

Who's gonna stop them? P45 Phil?
They don't listen to him
Exactly. If your works do was cancelled by the management, someone would just suggest that you all go out regardless. I think these lads have enough money in their pockets to forego a few free rounds from the club.

Back