Xmas Indulgence

When you do you buy all your booze, cheese, chocolates and other stuff? Week before 25th or now? Aldi and Sainsbury combo will have best grub

When you do you buy all your booze, cheese, chocolates and other stuff? Week before 25th or now? Aldi and Sainsbury combo will have best grub
Think we will do our shopping for stuff like that on the 23rd. Any earlier and it would just get eaten/drank and we'd have to buy replacements. Had a lovely bottle of Baileys Orange Truffle in this week.... we dusted it in 2 evenings 🙄
Never said this to a lady before ( :oops: ) but how much do you charge?
😲

I don't bake cakes.... just eat them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've bought a few bits in my last two weekly shops. At the minute I've got wine, Shloer, crackers, a Christmas pudding and some goose fat :lol:

Will probably do an ambient shop for everything else next week, then pop out for the fresh stuff on the 23rd.

A couple of days before. No need to go mad because there are only the four of us on Christmas day. We usually do a family thing at ours on Christmas eve but have sacked it off this year because of family tensions. Can't be arsed with the atmosphere at mine.

Bought a cake and chocs from this place - https://www.bettys.co.uk/soft-iced-...YFQhn6jLHgSUsk7FT_Sblale-oSKBLQxoCtWoQAvD_BwE

No idea if they are any good. Sorry @CakeLady

Nee cheesewheel like- xmas is about cheese
All I need is a very decent bottle of whisky. Normally buy it in Novemberish, got a Caol Ila 18yo this year from Amazon.

From amazin? Headin to cosco next week, unknown for xmas bait
A couple of days before. No need to go mad because there are only the four of us on Christmas day. We usually do a family thing at ours on Christmas eve but have sacked it off this year because of family tensions. Can't be arsed with the atmosphere at mine.

Yeah booze will take a backseat this year or it could ruin things during heady times
I've bought a few bits in my last two weekly shops. At the minute I've got wine, Shloer, crackers, a Christmas pudding and some goose fat :lol:

Will probably do an ambient shop for everything else next week, then pop out for the fresh stuff on the 23rd.

Mmm ambient

Last edited:
Heading to Sainsburys today to spend nectar points on some Christmas goodies. I’ve made my own Christmas cake and Just need to get the icing done .

A month before we buy something every week for Xmas
Pigs in blankets
Stuffing
Turkey gravy
Ham joint
Pickled onions
Crisps
Chocolates
Pate

We saved the Morrison vouchers and have a hundred to spend on booze the turkey and veg which we will get around the 20th

Put a fiver a week in a tin then open it two weeks before. We go to my mams, but buy the deserts and some bottles of fizzy stuff so we got them this weekend. We'll go shopping next Friday and spend the rest. However most of it goes in the chest freezer and last until the end of January.

Back