Xmas eve night

Used to love going out all night, remember eating loads of the xmas day scran one Xmas eve night wasn’t a good day the day after.
Think it’s still canny busy going to head to concord for about 8:30 for some bait when the Bairns are down so Might have a swift pint there.

Christmas Eve used to be my favourite drinking day before settling down.
Everyone up for having a good time, especially the Women.
Had a lads day out yesterday and tonight on the red wine and gave in and got an Indian takeaway. Lovely.

Always a great atmosphere in pubs on xmas eve in my experience but I've just got in from graft - This year I told all my colleagues that I would cover anytime over the xmas period for them so they could all go and enjoy their xmas. I might aswell cover for them as I'm single and always get pissed all the time anyway. I can have a few drinks now though, I've lit a candle and having the night in looking forward to tomorrow. Just warming my amp up and about to watch more Eli Roth films. Cant wait to meet the priest for lunch tomorrow.

Remember one Christmas Eve when I was 18 or 19, early 80s.
We got the half past 10 bus down the town for 11 o clock opening.

Had 11 pints by 10 to 3.
Ordered 2 pints.
My mate couldn't drink his.
I drank his and mine.
Went outside.

Fell owa.

Went home.
Fell asleep.
Finally woke up about 9 o clock.
Managed 4 pints.

Most Christmas days I was rough as fuck.

Christmas Eve used to be my favourite drinking day before settling down.
Everyone up for having a good time, especially the Women.
Had a lads day out yesterday and tonight on the red wine and gave in and got an Indian takeaway. Lovely.
This was me like. Out anytime from 12, just the lads. People who had moved away had come back to see family for Christmas. Met the lasses 5/6 bells, come home off me tits, start drinking again early Christmas Day, get as much as possible down me, look at presents I’d already opened on Boxing Day & have the surprise feeling part 2.

Wouldn’t swap it now I’ve got a family, but I’ll be back out as soon as the bairns are old enough for me to be getting in their way.

This was me like. Out anytime from 12, just the lads. People who had moved away had come back to see family for Christmas. Met the lasses 5/6 bells, come home off me tits, start drinking again early Christmas Day, get as much as possible down me, look at presents I’d already opened on Boxing Day & have the surprise feeling part 2.

Wouldn’t swap it now I’ve got a family, but I’ll be back out as soon as the bairns are old enough for me to be getting in their way.

Great to look back and in my opinion makes for a stronger marriage. Did the single life to death and did it all in the right order mate. What I love though is when the lads get back together and the stories all come out. Makes me realise that life has been very good and consider myself as very lucky. It’s like another chapter now and love family time. Me and the Mrs (no :) ) enjoy our quiet village life and will be in the village pub tomorrow lunchtime for a couple before Dinner. Very lucky she doesn’t have a problem all of us buggering off to football.
Just being away from work helps the real me to come out. No shit or pressure and loving that.

normally one of my favourite nights of the year but have given it a miss this time out as my mam went off it with me the state i turned up in on Christmas Day last year. couldn't even hold my head up i was that bad

feel like I'm missing out but hey more drinks to make up for it tomorrow

Just trying to remember which one of us hoyyed up under the table in the Indian over the town. I’m sure they argued they didn’t have to pay because they’d left it all behind

Used to be one of the best nights of the year until I had kids. I loved it.
Same. Little miss mcq10 number one was conceived exactly six years ago on this night. It’s been down hill since as a night out for me.

Last year I got stranded in the wife’s village after kicking out time.

3 mile walk from the pub is hard going when you’re steaming.

Back